Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUCCESS! 991 Sports Lip installed on 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 11:30 AM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 386 Likes on 275 Posts

Just a tip .... I ran some black Gorilla tape along the bottom of my lip just to prevent the lip taking a hit from minor scrapes. I ran two layers just to be safe and it works great and it goes about a season then i just peel it off if necessary and I just replace it. My lip looks as good as the day I got it !!
Old 06-11-2018, 08:42 PM
PQRS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tape

Great idea, thanks
Old 06-11-2018, 08:47 PM
PQRS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robocop305
Be careful with the screw method. I lost the front lip while gong a little fast. I ended up buying a new one and bolting it down.
I was thinking the same thing, considering slightly larger hole ang using porsche standard fasteners like the one used on the stock piece.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:20 PM
Dymag
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front Lip Spoiler

Finally mounted the Front Spoiler with EMC2's adapter kit . . . . . . nice update

Old 11-20-2018, 02:34 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 429 Likes on 173 Posts

Looks great Dymag. Thanks for sharing the pics.
I'll share your pics over on the adapter thread also to keep them all in one place.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:33 PM
Hass_Geschafte
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just did mine, DIY style. It was a bear, took many hours. Mod budget is tight otherwise I'd have gone for the EMC2 adapter kit - and if you value your time properly maybe grab his kit no matter what. Cut the stock slip like EMC2 did, attached that to the 991 lip with zip ties. Used a few screws to get it flush with the bumper, dabbed the heads of those with JB weld to stop them backing out. At the ends of the lip, I cut three slats in the stock bumper underneath for the 991 lip's tabs to slide into. Three and not four because the passenger side inner tab locates over an open section in the stock bumper base, so that tab was cut off.

Could be placebo effect, but on a test run the car felt more stable at higher mph. Lowered on Eibach, and it passed the steep driveway curb test. I did follow the @rileyracing1 suggestion and run a bead of gorilla tape along the bottom edge to give it a little protection when it inevitably meets its gutter match.

quick and dirty picture...
Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:30 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 429 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Hass_Geschafte
Just did mine, DIY style. It was a bear, took many hours. Mod budget is tight otherwise I'd have gone for the EMC2 adapter kit - and if you value your time properly maybe grab his kit no matter what. Cut the stock slip like EMC2 did, attached that to the 991 lip with zip ties. Used a few screws to get it flush with the bumper, dabbed the heads of those with JB weld to stop them backing out. At the ends of the lip, I cut three slats in the stock bumper underneath for the 991 lip's tabs to slide into. Three and not four because the passenger side inner tab locates over an open section in the stock bumper base, so that tab was cut off.

Could be placebo effect, but on a test run the car felt more stable at higher mph. Lowered on Eibach, and it passed the steep driveway curb test. I did follow the @rileyracing1 suggestion and run a bead of gorilla tape along the bottom edge to give it a little protection when it inevitably meets its gutter match.

quick and dirty picture...
You might have done it the hard way, but the main thing is that it came out great Hass. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Quick Reply: SUCCESS! 991 Sports Lip installed on 997.2