Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent713
I notice you live in Dallas, I live in the DFW area. I think a Porsche owner who wants to paint his car would want to have it done professionally. Wouldn't you? I'm not too worried about the resale value as much as the condition of car mechanically.
And what's up with those seats? Has anyone said why it has black seats? This looks like a flood car that somehow avoided a branded title, but someone replaced carpet, seats and repainted. I would maybe pay $15k for that car . . tops. I would not even waste money on a PPI without knowing answers about interior, who painted and where car was titled before and etc. Is the engine even original?

Post the car fax and let the research begin. I would like to research this one just out of curiosity.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:55 PM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

Received 162 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
And what's up with those seats? Has anyone said why it has black seats? This looks like a flood car that somehow avoided a branded title, but someone replaced carpet, seats and repainted. I would maybe pay $15k for that car . . tops. I would not even waste money on a PPI without knowing answers about interior, who painted and where car was titled before and etc. Is the engine even original?

Post the car fax and let the research begin. I would like to research this one just out of curiosity.
I assumed the car was ordered as a 2 tone color interior originally....? Notice the door panels are also 2 tone. The current owner said the previous owner painted the car but I didn't ask more in details. I will try and get a carfax and post. Thank you for your feed back.

Originally Posted by KingPinLasVegas
"I notice you live in Dallas, I live in the DFW area. I think a Porsche owner who wants to paint his car would want to have it done professionally. Wouldn't you? I'm not too worried about the resale value as much as the condition of car mechanically"

The whole thing sounds fishy. A completely repainted car and a seller trying to dump it after only owning it for a really short while. I would pass no matter what and keep looking. The right car will be out there for you and without all the shadiness or doubt. It seems to me that you really want this car to check out and you're looking for reassurances from the people on this forum. That's impossible since we are not there to see it but can only give you the same advice over and over which is to get a really, really comprehensive PPI and than cross your fingers. I would also take it to a reputable high end paint guy and get their opinion as well. I've bought dozens of very high end cars in my life and everything about this one screams run away. Good Luck!
I appreciate your advice and feed back, all I've gotten so far is get a good PPI which I know is a must. And you guys are telling me it's been repainted so run away! This is not enough concrete reason to walk away just yet. As I've mentioned previously there's a lot of things I don't like about this car, rims, repainted, tiptronic, 2 tone interior, and not my choice of aftermarket stereo head unit. But the one thing that keeps me interested is the fact it's a C4S, low mileage and low price. If everything checks out, wouldn't it be a good buy?
Old 04-15-2018, 02:50 PM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Imho not a good deal and I wouldn't even bother with ppi. I, as I'm sure many others would not consider a car like this except for maybe a track car if it was 2wd, manual or PDK.

If you are interested because of budget, save up some more or look for a base Carrera This car will always have these issues.

I assumed the car was ordered as a 2 tone color interior originally....? Notice the door panels are also 2 tone. The current owner said the previous owner painted the car but I didn't ask more in details. I will try and get a carfax and post. Thank you for your feed back.

I appreciate your advice and feed back, all I've gotten so far is get a good PPI which I know is a must. And you guys are telling me it's been repainted so run away! This is not enough concrete reason to walk away just yet. As I've mentioned previously there's a lot of things I don't like about this car, rims, repainted, tiptronic, 2 tone interior, and not my choice of aftermarket stereo head unit. But the one thing that keeps me interested is the fact it's a C4S, low mileage and low price. If everything checks out, wouldn't it be a good buy?
Old 04-15-2018, 04:04 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Two tone? That is usually just top of dash and door sills, not seats. The bottom of the door panels are carport so that would be deviating carpet and would not include black seats. Get the Vin # and run option codes and car fax. I cannot recall ever seeing black seats in a stock beige interior and something about the carpet seems off to me as well. It could just be the quality of the photos.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:36 PM
KingPinLasVegas
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I appreciate your advice and feed back, all I've gotten so far is get a good PPI which I know is a must. And you guys are telling me it's been repainted so run away! This is not enough concrete reason to walk away just yet. As I've mentioned previously there's a lot of things I don't like about this car, rims, repainted, tiptronic, 2 tone interior, and not my choice of aftermarket stereo head unit. But the one thing that keeps me interested is the fact it's a C4S, low mileage and low price. If everything checks out, wouldn't it be a good buy?"

It still sounds to me like you want this car no matter what any of us say and have your blinders on for all the negatives and glaringly obvious reasons to run away. If this car was such a great deal it would have sold already. If the guy gave me the car the only thing I would use it for would be to enter into a junk yard derby. Did I miss the VIN# in a post somewhere? Post it and lets take it from there. I'm interested in investigating its history, but I'll never change my mind. RUN THE F AWAY!
Old 04-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Was listed on ebay without mention of repaint by Texas Direct from whom this guy apparently purchased.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-Porsch...p2047675.l2557

Seller has it listed for $30,500 now.

I dunno, get a PPI and take a careful look at the paint. If not done well, it could look pretty horrid in a year or two.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:20 PM
KingPinLasVegas
Cruisin'

"Seller has it listed for $30,500 now"

So he's going to take a $8000-$10,000 with taxes loss in the three months he's owned it? Yeah, nothing shady there!
Old 04-15-2018, 07:14 PM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

The funny thing is when I spoke to the owner, the first thing he said was he made a mistake of entering $30,500 and meant to put $34,500. He said he paid $44,000 for the car and can show me the receipt. I've texted him for a VIN and carfax report, still waiting for his reply. This car is not on my high priority list but still curious if everything checks out.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:53 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

The funny thing is when I spoke to the owner, the first thing he said was he made a mistake of entering $30,500 and meant to put $34,500. He said he paid $44,000 for the car and can show me the receipt. I've texted him for a VIN and carfax report, still waiting for his reply. This car is not on my high priority list but still curious if everything checks out.
Sounds like he's really good at negotiating. Car listed at 38.9.... dealer, will you take 44? "Mistakenly" lists it for 4k cheaper than he meant... just gets better and better. Why is he willing to take 10k less a couple months out from buying? Better question is, why would anyone be interested in that car?

Name:  Swb2w6z.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  23.8 KB
Old 04-15-2018, 08:33 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Here's the vin: WP0AB29947S731377

I ran a decoder. It had a $109k sticker, but no deviating carpet.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:35 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Here is the car listed at $30,500.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=911
Old 04-15-2018, 10:21 PM
KingPinLasVegas
Cruisin'

I'll buy the car from him for $20k than sell it to you for $25K. I make $5,000 and you'll feel better about getting it for much less than you were willing to pay. Win, Win
Old 04-15-2018, 10:30 PM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

Talking

Originally Posted by KingPinLasVegas
I'll buy the car from him for $20k than sell it to you for $25K. I make $5,000 and you'll feel better about getting it for much less than you were willing to pay. Win, Win
LOL do it! I'll pay you $25k cash for it no PPI no hesitation.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:35 PM
Vincent713
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Doug H
Here's the vin: WP0AB29947S731377

I ran a decoder. It had a $109k sticker, but no deviating carpet.
So this is a positive thing right? $109k? Hmm nice build, looking at all those buttons suggest it has a lot of options on it.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:50 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

So this is a positive thing right? $109k? Hmm nice build, looking at all those buttons suggest it has a lot of options on it.

Quick Reply: 997s deals around the interwebz (no affiliation)