Sponsored by:

PASM disable success!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 05:43 PM
Daohaus
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PASM disable success!!

Just a heads up for anyone in the SoCal area that has upgraded their Porsche to suspension other than the factory electronically valved suspension you can now take it to House Automotive in Pasadena where Greg did it successfully with my 997. Great shop that rivals that of a dealer service center at a fraction of the price. Now I have my sport and sport+ functionality back 🙌🏼
Old 11-20-2015, 06:30 PM
CP911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you have aftermarket shocks that are still electronically controlled by your PASM buttons/modes? If so, that sounds neat. Can we get specs/details?
Old 11-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Daohaus
Instructor

Originally Posted by CP911
So if I'm understanding you correctly, you have aftermarket shocks that are still electronically controlled by your PASM buttons/modes? If so, that sounds neat. Can we get specs/details?
actually no, i went with an aftermarket coilover system that did not have damptronic so as soon as you started you got the "PASM Failure" now that's been removed and I can access the "SPORT & SPORT+" button
Old 11-21-2015, 08:29 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Was it just an on/off flag in the PIWIS? I'm considering going the opposite way and retrofitting PASM to a non-PASM car.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:22 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CP911
Originally Posted by sjfehr
Was it just an on/off flag in the PIWIS? I'm considering going the opposite way and retrofitting PASM to a non-PASM car.
There are aftermarket shocks/dampers that are electronically controlled by PASM/or other similar buttons which as a result work better and are better manipulated thanks to those electronic devices. No offense to anyone but going away from electronic shocks/dampers is like going back to none-power steering, none-synchro gears, none-abs cars...there is a system out there which utilizes the electronic shocks/dampers to the best of their ability transforming you car suspensions into a car as if it had a $15000 suspension at a fraction (less than half) of the cost. Think 6 millisecond response time vs 15-20 millisecond response times.

It is F1-type technology perfected by F1 teams for 20+years now available at cost which is no longer cost prohibitive. PM if you're interested.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:59 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Just as there are people who still prefer to have to move their foot around to change gears, there are people who prefer to have to put up with excessively firm damping all the time just to have it there when its really needed. The first group I think confuses being active with being connected. The second, a harsh ride with performance. Going from a system that adapts to driving conditions to one that is fixed can only be considered an upgrade during the one small set of driving conditions for which it is optimized. If even then.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:16 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Just as there are people who still prefer to have to move their foot around to change gears, there are people who prefer to have to put up with excessively firm damping all the time just to have it there when its really needed. The first group I think confuses being active with being connected. The second, a harsh ride with performance. Going from a system that adapts to driving conditions to one that is fixed can only be considered an upgrade during the one small set of driving conditions for which it is optimized. If even then.
It is a little hard to tell because Chuck is typically direct and to the point (for better or worse depending on how thin your skin is), but this the most polite, well mannered put down I think I've ever read by him!
Old 11-22-2015, 01:52 PM
Daohaus
Instructor

cool story

Quick Reply: PASM disable success!!