Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on the ASAP warranty company?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 11:31 AM
Lahainabry
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opinions on the ASAP warranty company?

Do any of you guys have the ASAP car warranty? If so, are you pleased with the company?

Thanks

B
Old 11-20-2015, 06:43 PM
der Geist
Instructor

There are so many auto warranty companies. I have never heard of this one so I looked it up. In my personal opinion I would never do business with a company that will only give me a quote if I give them my phone and email. These companies have the data to quote you online but they will only give it to you personally so they can inflict the "hard sell". Their form reminded me an experience that I had last year with a local tire company. You had to enter all your info online then someone would call you back with the price. The price the "closer" quoted me was nearly double the next lowest price and that salesman called me twice more after I told him no. Once they have you phone #....

So be careful, this may very well be a very reputable company but you just can't be sure. I had a friend once who told me there was a man who owned a similar company somewhere around Akron, OH who was building a new 1.5 million dollar home. He said "You don't build million dollar homes paying out warranty claims"
Old 11-20-2015, 07:43 PM
Lahainabry
Racer

Originally Posted by der Geist
There are so many auto warranty companies. I have never heard of this one so I looked it up. In my personal opinion I would never do business with a company that will only give me a quote if I give them my phone and email. These companies have the data to quote you online but they will only give it to you personally so they can inflict the "hard sell". Their form reminded me an experience that I had last year with a local tire company. You had to enter all your info online then someone would call you back with the price. The price the "closer" quoted me was nearly double the next lowest price and that salesman called me twice more after I told him no. Once they have you phone #....

So be careful, this may very well be a very reputable company but you just can't be sure. I had a friend once who told me there was a man who owned a similar company somewhere around Akron, OH who was building a new 1.5 million dollar home. He said "You don't build million dollar homes paying out warranty claims"
Thanks for the opinion, I appreciate it.
I did some research on them. They seem to be ok. I am sure any of the companies have hoops to jump through.
I have a copy of the contract, it does seem fairly straight forward.
A few years is a couple of thousand for the coverage.
I would be ok with a 3 year coverage for a couple of thousand.
I am going to look into them more.

B
Old 11-20-2015, 08:21 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Fidelity and easycare are the two many seem to use.
Best of luck
Old 11-20-2015, 09:56 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 257 Posts

Whatever company, just make sure you get an exclusionary policy.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Agree 100% on the exclusionary warranty, but you may find the number of companies (if any) who will offer one on an '07 911 at this point in time will be quite limited.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:57 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Z
Agree 100% on the exclusionary warranty, but you may find the number of companies (if any) who will offer one on an '07 911 at this point in time will be quite limited.
Which is why I went with the platinum policy from Fidelity for my 07 997TT
Old 11-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Lahainabry
Racer

Originally Posted by Ben Z
Yes, ASAP is an exclusionary policy. The list is clear. They look to have a good rating.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:17 PM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 257 Posts

Great to hear!
Old 11-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Lahainabry
Racer

Originally Posted by der Geist

I completely understand. I do not give out my information freely.
However, I did speak to a rep after giving my info to them.
Anything but hard sell tactic's. Pleasant person to deal with.
I have all the information and will most likely go with them.
Just making sure they are a solid company to deal with.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:11 PM
johnnyringo
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you had a claim with them yet? Their prices are really good for older Porsches- I see positive reviews for their pricing, but nothing regarding paying for claims. I am on the fence with them and fidelity right now...
Old 10-10-2016, 10:09 AM
kotzankov
Advanced

I'm wondering the same. I'm looking into them for the new to me 06 C2S Cab and all of their contracts and coverage seem good. They do try the sales tactics (manager specials, etc. if you wait a day) but the value for the contract seems really good.

Any experience on claims or other issues after purchasing?
Old 10-11-2016, 10:34 AM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lahainabry
Yes, ASAP is an exclusionary policy. The list is clear. They look to have a good rating.
Buy it and keep the community posted on your user experience.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Linnm
Pro

Top 217 Reviews and Complaints about ASAP Auto Warranty

After reading the comments I did a little Google work and found the above. Might be worth a check, there seems to be some areas where all is not good.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:34 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 843 Posts

There seem to be some complaints about them not paying up or stating that it was a previously existing issue.

However, I take complaints with a grain of salt because:

a.) People without issues do not wrte the complaints
b.) They do have a A- rating with BBB--not great but not a scam
c.) They were cheap and take credit cards with gives you a secondary recourse.

My '12 X5d is just out of warranty. Every time something breaks, it seems to be around $1k to fix it. The last item was a $1,500 fix but I raised a stink with BMW and they covered 95% of it. I was going to dump the X5d but knowing that buying a new SUV will give me more than that in depreciation just driving off the lot not to mention taxes etc.

So, I figured I would keep the X5d for another year or so and see if my needs change (with my forthcoming first child) and revisit the new SUV issue in a year. 4 year exclusionary policy with wheel and tire protection and zero deductible is $2k.

I will let you know how they treat claims once I have one. Also, I have a year left on my 997 CPO so if I still like them by then I will get it for the Porsche.

Quick Reply: Opinions on the ASAP warranty company?