Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 08:03 PM
IRunalot
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 145 Posts

@Tom@TPC Racing Thank you for the chat today (thought it was your voice), but I fixed my issue. When I check checked the cable for the DSC controller the larger connector popped and I heard a snap when I pushed it. So now its working correctly and as you said it looks like the laptop was powering the DSC and not the cars power. It must have gotten lose with all of the work done in the back of the car and the rough ride made the connector work its way out a bit more.

All good now and back to damper tuning!
The following users liked this post:
Tom@TPC Racing (08-08-2023)
Old 10-02-2023, 06:16 AM
David981
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom@TPC Racing
I have run Tractive dampers from 2000mA to 200mA. Around the 2000mA range is like a classic Cadillac soft pillow ride. Values at or below 500mA is race car level damping.
Using the DSC cal file for OEM dampers on Tractives won't do any harm to the dampers, just not using the full range of the dampers.
With the faster reaction time and wider range starting at a softer base value to achieve cloud like ride at low g-force is what it takes. Comfort is subjective to each driver, some like to start at 1900, some like 1700 or 1500 to achieve personal preference for low g-force cruising. Once g-force exceeds 0.5g its game on.
Hi Tom,

Just want to check. If you start with 2000-200mA, how will this affect velocity table?

I'm assuming, that everything will have to be positive value instead of negative values? Since you're starting off with full soft setting and tuning the compression and rebound from there?

Old 01-29-2024, 05:21 PM
Rhern213
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 71 Posts

Hi All, is there any calibration file database for the DSC anymore? There use to be one but seems like it was taken down.
I have a 997.2 C2S with OEM dampers and Eibach springs, which is now primarily a track car. So I was curious if there was an optimized track specific calibration file that might be better than the standard configuration the controller came with.
Thanks!
Old 01-29-2024, 06:43 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,417 Likes on 859 Posts

2009 C2S 195K miles

If you can't find one, don't be afraid to mod the file yourself. You can save the old one (or get it from DSC) and reload it if you think you messed up. I recommend taking the car out on the track and figuring out what you don;t like about it and go from there. Before you go, hook up a USB cable to the unit and leave it hooked up and coil the cable up so you can just pull it out and start. Also, connect up your computer and check out the system.... it is complex but after you stare at it for a while, you will start to see what you can do. Then at the track, you can be ready to experiment. Again, hook the system up, fire up the software, and save whatever is already in there to your PC. It is very easy to reload the file. I think the settings are very personal to how you drive.

DSC did a pretty good job out of the box... you may just like it.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)

Last edited by Bruce In Philly; 01-29-2024 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:05 PM
Rhern213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce In Philly
2009 C2S 195K miles

If you can't find one, don't be afraid to mod the file yourself. You can save the old one (or get it from DSC) and reload it if you think you messed up. I recommend taking the car out on the track and figuring out what you don;t like about it and go from there. Before you go, hook up a USB cable to the unit and leave it hooked up and coil the cable up so you can just pull it out and start. Also, connect up your computer and check out the system.... it is complex but after you stare at it for a while, you will start to see what you can do. Then at the track, you can be ready to experiment. Again, hook the system up, fire up the software, and save whatever is already in there to your PC. It is very easy to reload the file. I think the settings are very personal to how you drive.

DSC did a pretty good job out of the box... you may just like it.

Peace
Bruce in Philly (now Atlanta)
Thanks for the notes, I have actually been running on track with the DSC controller already for over 10 events, it's been great out of the box. I did leave the USB cable on the unit and tinkered with it on track, but just basic global changes to stiffen everything earlier. Main thing is wanting to see if there was another base configuration that was more track oriented to use as a comparison point.
​​​​
Old 01-29-2024, 08:08 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 731 Posts

An easy way to tighten it up across the entire range is to go to the current settings and lower them across the table.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:19 AM
Rhern213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
An easy way to tighten it up across the entire range is to go to the current settings and lower them across the table.
I haven't tried changing values in the G-force table yet. I've only played with the shock calibration so far.
Old 01-30-2024, 01:46 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,151 Likes on 731 Posts

The G force table gives a lot of room to play. Unless you are tuning for a specific track, you will want to keep that table symmetric side to side.

Shock calibration will allow you to tighten or loosen everything with a quick go.
The following users liked this post:
Rhern213 (01-30-2024)

Quick Reply: DSC Sport - Tuning Software Discussion Thread