Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will C2S Rotors and Calipers fit on a Carrera 4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 03:20 PM
82_930
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Will C2S Rotors and Calipers fit on a Carrera 4?

Hi,

Soon I will have to do my brakes on my '06 Carerra 4, and a friend of mine has a set of rotors and calipers from an '06 Carrera 2S that are next to new.

1) Will these work on my car?

2) Is it simply "plug and play" or will the larger calipers/rotors not be compatible with the rest of the braking system (i.e. brake booster, ABS, etc...)?

3) Will I have to change any other parts (i.e. wheel carriers) or does someone make an adapter?

I have 19" Lobster Forks for the summer and 18" Carrera III wheels for the winter.

Also, my car is a wide body and the C2S is not, don't know if that makes a difference or not but wide body cars have a different wheel offset then narrow body cars.

Thanks

Last edited by 82_930; 07-16-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:56 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Not entirely sure but I did a similar upgrade, going from C2S 4-piston setup to turbo 6-piston setup. That's a WB donor car bigger brakes going onto a NB car. You have the opposite, NB donor bigger brakes going onto a WB car.

The caliper bolt patterns are the same within in model family so they should mount. In my case the rears were plug and play. You might need the caliper bolts from the donor car as they could be longer, especially in the front. The fronts also needed the dust shields to be modified. I opted for new ones matching the donor car instead. But they original dust shields could have easily been cut for clearance as needed with tin snips.

The biggest problem I had was the hard brake line from the front caliper to the upright. The original one was too short and a WB one did not fit the mounting locations on the NB upright. So I bought a short piece of brake tubing from an auto parts store, bent it as needed with a tubing bender, cut to length and flared the end. Works perfectly.

I ended up staying with the original master cylinder and have not noticed any imbalance in braking force front to rear. But I am considering an upgrade here as well, perhaps when my clutch goes and the slave cylinder gets replaced.

Consider upgrading your flexible brake lines while you are in there, to aftermarket stainless steel braided ones.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No.

If I recall, the uprights are different between 997 S and non-S models.

Quick Reply: Will C2S Rotors and Calipers fit on a Carrera 4?