Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Shelby GT350

Old 06-18-2015, 09:54 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Default OT: Shelby GT350

Looks amazing - anyone put in an order yet?
Old 06-18-2015, 10:34 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

I'm not sure if the Ford Dealers are taking them yet. people have deposits in, but no actual VIN's given out yet. The 2015's will be hard to get, as production is limited. In 2016 they will ramp up production and be at MSRP. I admit I'm considering one. But not the R version, it sound hardcore but if you have a DD 911 then it would make a great tack car addition. It will be great to see it go against the GT3 on a track. Its a great time for cars, for those of us that lived trough the crap and dark ages of the 70 and 80's, with a bit of 90's.....there are some really great cars to chose from now.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:14 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by DC911S
I'm not sure if the Ford Dealers are taking them yet. people have deposits in, but no actual VIN's given out yet. The 2015's will be hard to get, as production is limited. In 2016 they will ramp up production and be at MSRP. I admit I'm considering one. But not the R version, it sound hardcore but if you have a DD 911 then it would make a great tack car addition. It will be great to see it go against the GT3 on a track. Its a great time for cars, for those of us that lived trough the crap and dark ages of the 70 and 80's, with a bit of 90's.....there are some really great cars to chose from now.
Agreed. The dealer who I purchased my Boss from has 2 allocations - they sent me a PDF file to spec out the Shelby. As of right now they said Ford is not accepting online orders until 30 days prior to production which is scheduled for end of summer/fall. Definitely getting one, just not sure how soon I really need it, hands are full learning the capabilites of the Boss - and i'm not sure you can top that raw analogue driving experience. Fairly certain this new engine with it's 8,250 rpm redline will be a major competitor. The Boss with it's live axle smoked the Audi R8 / Ferrari California / BMW M3 / Aston Martin DBS best lap times on Laguna Seca 3 years ago. Just imagine what this will do. And the best part? 6 speed only - automatic is out.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:47 PM
Ezkill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to take a pass for now. Promised wife no more cars until we build a house with more parking. Happy wife, happy life...*SIGH*.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:59 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by Ezkill
I have to take a pass for now. Promised wife no more cars until we build a house with more parking. Happy wife, happy life...*SIGH*.
Yup I hear you on that. We don't have a big house, but I built the wife a brand new kitchen last year and that seems to keep me off the hook on my ridiculous car obsessions and I do try to enjoy the cars with her too.

BTW I just saw a 2015 Mustang GT in white for the first time tonight - what a beautiful car. Anyone who knows me knows that I actually hate most Mustangs. 95% of the ones I see on the road do nothing for me. It's the rare Shelby or Boss that I have a real love for - but after seeing this one makes me more interested in how the GT350 will look in person - considering it's getting a widebody i'm fairly certain it will have incredible presence on top of the performance. Very excited now.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:38 AM
DC911S
Drifting

me more interested in how the GT350 will look in person
I saw it at the DC auto show in January.....its a great looking car. Having a 911 and the GT350 would make a great stable of rides in the garage.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:43 AM
Ezkill
Racer

Originally Posted by Para82
BTW I just saw a 2015 Mustang GT in white for the first time tonight - what a beautiful car. Anyone who knows me knows that I actually hate most Mustangs. 95% of the ones I see on the road do nothing for me. It's the rare Shelby or Boss that I have a real love for - but after seeing this one makes me more interested in how the GT350 will look in person - considering it's getting a widebody i'm fairly certain it will have incredible presence on top of the performance. Very excited now.
I love the overall look, shape and aggressive front end on the new mustangs. The rear end just doesn't do it for me. I don't hate it but it's lacking something. Then again I hate the new corvette and huracan rear ends as well...guess I'm just picky.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:28 AM
Para82
Race Car

I love the overall look, shape and aggressive front end on the new mustangs. The rear end just doesn't do it for me. I don't hate it but it's lacking something. Then again I hate the new corvette and huracan rear ends as well...guess I'm just picky.
If you don't like the Huracan you're picky. I'm not a fan of the Stingray - tried over and over to convince myself how awesome it is (performance is there for sure) but it doesn't work...I would never want to get in one.

Have you seen the new Mustang in Oxford White? Very clean lines....classic rear....(wait until the widebody Shelby is out)
Old 06-19-2015, 11:29 AM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by DC911S
I saw it at the DC auto show in January.....its a great looking car. Having a 911 and the GT350 would make a great stable of rides in the garage.
Agreed, and they're starting pricing at 48k...that's almost a gift.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Ezkill
Racer

Originally Posted by Para82
If you don't like the Huracan you're picky. I'm not a fan of the Stingray - tried over and over to convince myself how awesome it is (performance is there for sure) but it doesn't work...I would never want to get in one.

Have you seen the new Mustang in Oxford White? Very clean lines....classic rear....(wait until the widebody Shelby is out)
Yea, I have and I agree it looks the best out of all of them. It's the overall shape I don't like, lots of different angles when you look at it and it just doesn't do it for me. It's possible I'll grow to like it.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I kind of wish I'd held out for the GT350 instead of my 997, but I doubt I'd had been able to purchase one at MSRP, especially when they've just rolled onto showroom floors.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:11 PM
DC911S
Drifting

I kind of wish I'd held out for the GT350 instead of my 997, but I doubt I'd had been able to purchase one at MSRP, especially when they've just rolled onto showroom floors.
Some dealers will sell at MSRP for the 2015 models. But in 2016 they ramp up production and I don't think there will be markup....Cars like this have initial buyers that just have to get it, and pay the markup otf any amount, after they are done buying....most buy at MSRP or a tad higher, after that group is done then IF there are still ones left....the third set of buyers get below MSRP. Thats what happened with the Boss Mustang. The Laguna model never really dropped below MSRP....the the others did. But at 48K, if it performs as expected and hols up, thats the bargain of the century given the cost of the Z28 and GT3.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Ezkill
Racer

They'll hold up the abuse and they will be a hell of a deal. Most people don't realize it but Ford has actually been making great cars for the last 7-8 years. All of the Shelby and Boss vehicles have been over engineered like crazy and are relatively cheap to upgrade. Strapping 250 horsepower on a GT500 will run you like 7k, a pittance really. I know a lot of guys that run 1000 horsepower on the stock GT500 engines all day with no problems. I run about 807 to the rears and the upgrade was simple enough for me to do over a weekend. When I contrast that to my long gone GTR that cost 12k just so the car would sound less like a vacuum cleaner at WOT and these cars are really a hell of a deal.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Para82
Race Car

They'll hold up the abuse and they will be a hell of a deal. Most people don't realize it but Ford has actually been making great cars for the last 7-8 years. All of the Shelby and Boss vehicles have been over engineered like crazy and are relatively cheap to upgrade. Strapping 250 horsepower on a GT500 will run you like 7k, a pittance really. I know a lot of guys that run 1000 horsepower on the stock GT500 engines all day with no problems. I run about 807 to the rears and the upgrade was simple enough for me to do over a weekend. When I contrast that to my long gone GTR that cost 12k just so the car would sound less like a vacuum cleaner at WOT and these cars are really a hell of a deal.
Exactly right - I threw about 8k at my GT500 - that got me 725hp, Koni coilovers, Watts Link, carbon fiber upgrades - car was just insane. Still prefer the N/A Boss - these are race motors - forged and bullteproof bottom end - stock block built for an easy 800hp. Extraordinary.

At the last PCA event one of the 991 PDK owners came up to me and said "These cars really handle" (After getting passed 3 sessions in a row in the corners)

As for holding up - you're not going to find a product stronger than this - GT3/Turbo debatable.

Last edited by Para82; 06-19-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by Carmichael
Your Carrera will always have more panache than the cars being discussed here, but if speed is your main goal obviously there are other options. Also the daily drivability and comfort of the 911 is very difficult to match. I would be uncomfortable daily driving a Boss or Shelby.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT: Shelby GT350