Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 11:10 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts
Default My poor car

The car can be replaced...us, not so much. Happy to hear you're among the vertical and I have a funny feeling you'll love your next 911.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:25 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by KNS
No matter how personally destitute I was I would never run from an accident.
It's possible that that attitude and moral fiber, is why you won't ever be in that situation.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:34 AM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anti-inflammatories and a jacuzzi, hot tub or warm showers.
You're likely to be quite achy.
But thankfully, alive. Good for you. Bad for the 911. I regret its loss.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:53 AM
rankoutsider
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I don't think being a selfish douchebag and not having adequate insurance is unique to any political persuasion, geography or socio-economic strata.

Here in (Queensland) Australia, the police cars are now fitted with ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) cameras that read around 40+ number plates (licence plates in American) per minute.

The hit rate on these is staggering, like 1 in 6 cars are not registered. The implication here (in QLD) is that without registration there is no CTP (Compulsory Third Party) insurance that covers injuries to third parties (persons not vehicle). Its also the case that most insurers won't cover an unregistered vehicle.

I've installed a discreet (front and rear) dash cam system in both my wife's station wagon and my 911. We've already used it once to identify a moron who couldn't park without hitting the wagon.

Glad to see you're OK in this instance - awful to see the 911 in such a state though.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:20 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,444 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by malexgcab
Flame suit on

Rightfully so.

I have not been following the thread so I might have missed something but the OP did not disclose the age of the other driver. She could be a new (teenage) driver who has no clue of insurance coverage. These are all scenarios since we don't have all the information.

Just like I said previously, if she has a previous record of misdemeanor/offenses (not a first offense) then she should be prosecuted to the fullest extent.

I hope that flame suit is extra strong because you are making some absolutely moronic statements here.

firstly, if you have a drivers license and operate a motor vehicle, it is your responsibility to know about "insurance coverage". Both for your own personal protection and because its the law.

secondly, I don't care if she's had her license for 15 years or 15 minutes, if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, you do not flee the scene of the accident. period.

Thirdly, if you have any morals or common ****ing decency, you don't flee an accident in which the other person could be seriously injured. This transcends the law. Looking at this guys 997, he could have had life threatening injuries, and this piece of **** just drives off.

How in the hell you think defending her is ok because it may have been her first time, I have no idea.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:52 AM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rankoutsider
Yeah I don't think being a selfish douchebag and not having adequate insurance is unique to any political persuasion, geography or socio-economic strata.

Here in (Queensland) Australia, the police cars are now fitted with ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) cameras that read around 40+ number plates (licence plates in American) per minute.

The hit rate on these is staggering, like 1 in 6 cars are not registered. The implication here (in QLD) is that without registration there is no CTP (Compulsory Third Party) insurance that covers injuries to third parties (persons not vehicle). Its also the case that most insurers won't cover an unregistered vehicle.

I've installed a discreet (front and rear) dash cam system in both my wife's station wagon and my 911. We've already used it once to identify a moron who couldn't park without hitting the wagon.

Glad to see you're OK in this instance - awful to see the 911 in such a state though.
So, what is the Queensland Police doing with the information collected?
Old 05-29-2015, 11:28 AM
Bigwave
Instructor

Fresh pictures. I didn't take any from the interior but there was zero intrusion. Nothing out of place. Those Germans sure do make a good car. Thanks again everyone.
Attached Images   
Old 05-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

Man that is ugly, glad you are ok.
Malex, I have two teenager drivers, one who got in an accident, 10 days after getting her license with her sister in the car. Could have driven home. But she stopped, moved the car from the road so as not to interfere with traffic, called the police and then called me. In that order. They were fine but totaled her beetle. It was a single car accident but she knew exactly what to do.

Trying in some way to possibly justify this due to someone's age makes absolutely no sense. This person DESTROYED someones car and could have seriously injured them. A couple of feet and that would have been horrific. Any human with any decency would get out of the car and make sure the person THEY hit was at least ok.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:20 PM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Little Green
Man that is ugly, glad you are ok.
Malex, I have two teenager drivers, one who got in an accident, 10 days after getting her license with her sister in the car. Could have driven home. But she stopped, moved the car from the road so as not to interfere with traffic, called the police and then called me. In that order. They were fine but totaled her beetle. It was a single car accident but she knew exactly what to do.

Trying in some way to possibly justify this due to someone's age makes absolutely no sense. This person DESTROYED someones car and could have seriously injured them. A couple of feet and that would have been horrific. Any human with any decency would get out of the car and make sure the person THEY hit was at least ok.
After reading the previous posts, you are absolutely correct. My bad, I'm having a brainfart event. LOL.

BIGWAVE, glad you are ok.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:25 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Re pixs: Sniff Looks to me like she made the ultimate sacrifice. Be careful out there. saw a woman yesterday at light texting w line of traffic behind her. She refused to move on green until she finished her conversation, horns blasting at her and all. Unf****ing believable.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:21 PM
upier
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bigwave
Fresh pictures. I didn't take any from the interior but there was zero intrusion. Nothing out of place. Those Germans sure do make a good car. Thanks again everyone.
I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw these pictures. You're lucky that you're okay. Does your state have the death penalty for Porsche-cide?
Old 05-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Bigwave
Instructor

Claims adjuster came up with 38k in damages and he didn't account for any suspension work yet. I told him to get started on the repairs jk... now i need to figure out what next. Thinking of the following. I'll have a budget of 35-40k ish
2015 Mustang gt
2010ish M3 cpe or cab although the cab weighs a ton.
2010ish Boxster S lite weight but need to see if surfboad will fit haha
2008ish 997S cpe or cab
Any thoughts??
Old 05-30-2015, 07:47 PM
rankoutsider
Advanced

Originally Posted by KNS
So, what is the Queensland Police doing with the information collected?
Who knows, probably correlating my movements with my web, phone and email metadata to see if I am in league with ISIS or something.

I've got not real issue with it and it's working to make stuff safer.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:38 AM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thinking of the following. I'll have a budget of 35-40k ish
2015 Mustang gt
2008ish 997S cpe or cab
Any thoughts??
997, of course.
So, do I take your note to mean that they're going to repair it rather than total and replace?
Quite the optimist, this adjuster. Perhaps I'm pessimistic, but your car looks a bit--well, dead.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:58 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigwave
Claims adjuster came up with 38k in damages and he didn't account for any suspension work yet. I told him to get started on the repairs jk... now i need to figure out what next. Thinking of the following. I'll have a budget of 35-40k ish
2015 Mustang gt
2008ish 997S cpe or cab
Any thoughts??
If they're going to fix that car you have a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it. You need to find a skilled body shop to take it to. Don't let the Insurance Company or the dealer decide for you….YOU need to find one. And these Body shops while they exist are tough to find.

The Insurance Company is going to look to save money first. The shop they choose is going to be average at best…you need artists!!!! The body shop not the claims adjustor needs to give you the number which is probably much higher than that 38K. The dealer is going to send you someplace where they have a stake in the work (maybe they own all of part of it or get a significant kickback).

I don't understand the "what's next" comment. What's next is you getting your car back fixed. If you don't want that car back fixed now's the time to lobby for a total loss. Either way if you want this to turn out in a way that's good for you your work has just begun. Don't do the work and it'll turn out good for your Insurance Company.

It's up to you!

Tom

Quick Reply: My poor car