Sponsored by:

997 GTS price range?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 01:03 PM
jack preston
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
What do you guys think is the right price for an original owner 2012 997 GTS with under 10,000 miles / Aerokit / Alacantara / Sport suspension etc still under warranty with an excellent DME report...ballpark estimate?

do you mean the one in NC by any chance? if so it was sold Friday.
personally i think a low mileage untracked car like that is worth 80-85K

Last edited by jack preston; 04-21-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:07 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by sambb
78k. tops
lol, your posts are pretty hilarious on pricing. Couple posts above you just gave a datapoint at $86k...
Old 04-21-2015, 02:09 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ynot
80K, there is a really nice one listed at $70K, I knew a buyer who was interested but was turned off by him listed at $70K then when he got a so many calls for it, it increased the price. Now it back to $70K again.
If there is a sub 10k mile GTS, with no accident history and in great condition for $70k, I want to buy it. So please tell me where.

I'm serious.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
If there is a sub 10k mile GTS, with no accident history and in great condition for $70k, I want to buy it. So please tell me where.

I'm serious.
I got a few PM's already for this, just going to post this here. It's modded and I know a lot of people are turned off by that but he does include all the OEM parts so you can put it back to stock if you want. 25K miles, listed for $70K. I would probably buy it myself if I don't have two Porsches already.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...-gt3-mods.html
Old 04-21-2015, 05:56 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ynot
I got a few PM's already for this, just going to post this here. It's modded and I know a lot of people are turned off by that but he does include all the OEM parts so you can put it back to stock if you want. 25K miles, listed for $70K. I would probably buy it myself if I don't have two Porsches already.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...-gt3-mods.html
Interesting read on that thread! Thanks!
Old 04-21-2015, 06:38 PM
sambb
Instructor

I think 2011s, in mid 20s mileage, can go for low 70k based on 2 CPO cars - one was at beachwood in february (I bought that one) and one at champion that was priced at 69k.

2012 with lower mileage will be higher price. Options do matter to some degree, as porsche does have a few expensive ones. As does service and modding hx, and availability of new vs old rubber, and cpo vs non cpo.

YMMV and it is a moving target, as prices are more firm in summer than in jan/feb when i bought.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
Interesting read on that thread! Thanks!
I'm really surprised that it's not sold, even at $73K, (looks like he raised it again) it's a good buy. I believe he already got a PPI for it or maybe that was another GTS. It includes all the original parts, personally I would leave it alone, have the parts there in the garage if needed.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:41 PM
jack preston
Intermediate

i looked at that one as well, got price down to 65k with everything....in the end i bought the 2012 mentioned above with 9780 miles on it for 74k.
IMO i got a really good deal, at least 5-10k under value.

the black one had a crushed exhaust pipe on one side that was almost completely blocked off and driven around for an un known amount of time.
the seller did not try to hide this and was up front about it right from the start.

the front bumper doesnt look properly aligned IMO and to be of poor quality, in one of the pics under the hood you can see the plastics dont line up either.

those are issues that can be easily addressed but the pinched exhaust was of major concern for me so i passed.

cheers jack
Old 04-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jack preston
do you mean the one in NC by any chance? if so it was sold Friday.
personally i think a low mileage untracked car like that is worth 80-85K

Yes that is the car!

Sold Friday?

Was negotiating with the dealer on Sunday and then he texted back Mon night that someone put a deposit on it Sat while he was away...
Old 04-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Para82
Race Car

There was one just like this except with PDK and 20,000 miles that sold for 67k a few weeks back in Atlanta (private sale). Prices do seem to be coming down on them.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:09 PM
jack preston
Intermediate

humm weird, i told them Friday i would take it and i would be having it inspected sat or Monday at the latest.
car came back with top marks yesterday morning so full payment was sent straight away.
Shes on her way to NYC Thursday and should be here Monday from what the shipper is saying.
there are a few others on autotrader as well or the black one on 6speed if you fancy that.

cheers
Old 04-21-2015, 08:11 PM
jack preston
Intermediate

There was one just like this except with PDK and 20,000 miles that sold for 67k a few weeks back in Atlanta (private sale). Prices do seem to be coming down on them.

yes cars always sell much cheaper in the winter months, i think i may have just snuck in on this one before the spring summer price hikes.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:54 PM
Para82
Race Car

humm weird, i told them Friday i would take it and i would be having it inspected sat or Monday at the latest.
car came back with top marks yesterday morning so full payment was sent straight away.
Shes on her way to NYC Thursday and should be here Monday from what the shipper is saying.
there are a few others on autotrader as well or the black one on 6speed if you fancy that.

cheers
He was probably keeping me on the hook in case the inspection fell through. Looking at a Ferrari Modena now instead. 2 Porsches in the garage would be a bit redundant for me anyway.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:32 PM
jack preston
Intermediate

He was probably keeping me on the hook in case the inspection fell through. Looking at a Ferrari Modena now instead. 2 Porsches in the garage would be a bit redundant for me anyway.
yes more than likely, yes 2 similar looking models to boot but you cant go wrong with a Ferrari Modena.
was looking at a vert for the wife a wile back but decided on a 2011 G55 instead...go figure
Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 PM
sambb
Instructor

yes cars always sell much cheaper in the winter months, i think i may have just snuck in on this one before the spring summer price hikes.
I never knew this when I looked at my 911 - but i got lucky. I bought in february, on a day it was a high of 6 degrees and 8 inches of snow at the dealer. I was very happy with the price i received.

I think that overall, the GTS is not much more than a comparable S, but the opinions on pricing were all over the board.

The one i looked at (that i didn't buy) at champion was CPO and a beauty, didn't have the option set I wanted (it actually had more options than i wanted, i did not want SPASM, just PASM). That car and the one i bought, i tried to use as a price point to negotiate on a 2012 with 15k miles that wasn't CPO, but that dealer wouldn't budge past 78500.

I think that prices will slowly decline, as expected, but it is interesting seeing the stickers on these cars at ~120k. On the other hand, after i bought the 997.2, a colleague of mine that has a 991 stated that I was buying a 2005 chassis, and that I should just wait 6-12 mos and get a 991. I think that is a fair point, and must always consider that. New models are pretty nice.

My biggest shock however, was how 996s were very low priced. As a porsche newbie, i didn't understand how the headlight issue resulted in people thinking it was an ugly car, and the IMS issue scaring other buyers away. These two issues, when i researched, resulted in me spending a lot more for a 997. I probably would have been fine with a 996, as this is just a weekend driver for me, and the performance of any 911 would have been nice to experience. I hope that i don't lose too much on the 997 GTS, because I will never use its limits. I just don't have the ability to push it as hard as a track person. I think that 2009-2012 997.2s overall are a decent priced value, but it is all relative when some people will say that you can have fun with a used miata. The performance of the 997.2 is super nice, and the "look" is great compared to the 996. Is it worth 70-80k? It all depends on how one defines "worth" and "value".

Quick Reply: 997 GTS price range?