Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sharkwerks 997.2 Exhaust: Any Good Sound Clips?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 01:01 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 997.2 Exhausts: Any Good Sound Clips?

Hi fellas,

I know someone that is interested in getting an exhaust for their 997.2. It's a bog standard exhaust car, no Porsche Sport Exhaust or valves yadda yadda. One of the options he was considering was this Sharkwerks exhaust: http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=193

Problem is, we YouTubed and couldn't find a single decent sound clip of a car with this system on. Anyone have any sound clips of a good clean pull down a straight section of road with no shaky camera in 480p? He'd appreciate it, and thanks in advance!

Last edited by LateBraking; 04-22-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:18 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

It's PSE 'ON' but a good read of what he'd get. The best thing to do would be to find someone who has one and hear it in person. That's what I did before adding the part.
Anyway, hope you like Kavinsky.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:58 AM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

Just picked up my car after doing fister ceramic coated sides plus sharkwerks (997.2 c4s). Sounds fantastic, zero drone, much better than just PSE and if anything, car pulls slightly better. Feels much faster because the sounds match the rest of the visceral experience of g force and the feel of the road through the steering wheel. If you drop rpm for highway cruising it is completely civil again.

Initial impressions is that this combo is fantastic and I fully recommend. Will try to get sound clips posted at some point soon.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:40 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBraking
Hi fellas,

I know someone that is interested in getting an exhaust for their 997.2. It's a bog standard exhaust car, no Porsche Sport Exhaust or valves yadda yadda. One of the options he was considering was this Sharkwerks exhaust: http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=193

Problem is, we YouTubed and couldn't find a single decent sound clip of a car with this system on. Anyone have any sound clips of a good clean pull down a straight section of road with no shaky camera in 480p? He'd appreciate it, and thanks in advance!
With a stock exhaust there's barely any difference. If you have a gundo hack, then it *really* makes a difference.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:01 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
With a stock exhaust there's barely any difference. If you have a gundo hack, then it *really* makes a difference.
That's what I was thinking and I've been pushing him towards the Fister route. Thanks for the input though guys.

Still looking for a "good clean pull down a road" sound clip. Everyone seems to either use a 240p camera or stop at around 4,500 RPM's. Not really getting a good representation of exhaust to show him. There's a sound he's looking for and I'm pretty convinced now that the Fister route will be it, but for some reason he thinks PSE is more Porsche and Fister/Gundo sound too Mustang....which is the result of him Youtubing and listening to what terrible videos he's found so far.

Any moderator I can PM to change the thread title?
Old 04-22-2015, 06:25 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBraking
Still looking for a "good clean pull down a road" sound clip. Everyone seems to either use a 240p camera or stop at around 4,500 RPM's.
My clip is:
1) Stock Exhaust PSE on which is basically stock exhaust with a gundo. 1st gear idle to 7k, 2nd gear 7k and third gear 3.5k all at WOT.
2) Sharkwerks + PSE on which is basically gundo+Sharkwerks xpass . 1st gear idle to 7.3k, 2nd gear to 7.3k, 3rd gear 3.5k all at WOT.
All of that is recorded at 1080p

Do you need one that has stock exhaust (no PSE) and sharkwerks? I'm seriously asking because I can do that simply by turning the PSE off and could toss a video together for you this week.
What are you looking for exactly?
Old 04-22-2015, 08:21 PM
LateBraking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nwGTS
My clip is:
1) Stock Exhaust PSE on which is basically stock exhaust with a gundo. 1st gear idle to 7k, 2nd gear 7k and third gear 3.5k all at WOT.
2) Sharkwerks + PSE on which is basically gundo+Sharkwerks xpass . 1st gear idle to 7.3k, 2nd gear to 7.3k, 3rd gear 3.5k all at WOT.
All of that is recorded at 1080p

Do you need one that has stock exhaust (no PSE) and sharkwerks? I'm seriously asking because I can do that simply by turning the PSE off and could toss a video together for you this week.
What are you looking for exactly?
lol Sorry my post didn't mean you specificially in my second post. Right now I'm just looking for a greater sample size now with more exhaust options.

Last edited by LateBraking; 04-23-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks 997.2 Exhaust: Any Good Sound Clips?