Sharkwerks Bypass - Fister Mufflers 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 06:01 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 177mph
Looked at the sharkwerks site for this. Is the bypass not available for the 997.1 due to a different exhaust config?
997.1 cars do not have the center muffler, so there is no need for a center muffler by-pass pipe.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:25 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
997.1 cars do not have the center muffler, so there is no need for a center muffler by-pass pipe.
Yeah that would render this convo moot if he has a 997.1.
Judging by OP's profile pic, it looks like he has a 997.2 though.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:10 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Yup. Have a 997.2. Thanks for posting the vid and thanks to everyone for their comments. I appreciate everyone's input. I'm going to get the sharkwerks bypass as soon as I have a moment to order it.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:56 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Reread my previous post. I was not replying to the OP (awrryan). I was responding to a question that was asked by 177mph about a 997.1. I purpously included the quoted question asked by 177mph to clarify my response, and you still missed the connection.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:30 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 107 Posts

I'm getting the sharkwerks bypass today. I'm going to try to have it installed later this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning. I'll take pics and try to post a video after the install is complete. Thanks to everyone for your comments. I feel like a kid on Christmas (or Hanukah).
Old 06-02-2015, 12:26 PM
upier
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the Sharkwerks bypass yesterday. Can't wait to install. Has anyone noticed cooler engine temperatures after installing? It seems that loosing that big heat sink (muffler) would be helpful.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:55 PM
CTCOOP
Intermediate

Any long-term feedback on the fister plus sharkwerks? Anyone done their own dyno to see if there's really hp/tq gains with the sharkwerks

I just placed an order for the fisters for my 997.2 (I know no power gains there) but wondering if people are getting some real-world gains with the sharkwerks?
Old 10-01-2016, 07:20 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Following, because I'm also considering this setup.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:21 AM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Have been running Fister + Sharkwerks bypass on my 997.2 C4S (non-PSE) for several months. Night and day difference from stock. The cold start sound on the car is *incredible*. Calms down at idle, but on throttle its throaty and loud. That said there is definitely a particular tone, tenor, buzz, whatever you want to call it, which you have to get used to. It's not "bad" per se, just... buzzier than I thought it would be. I simply haven't had enough experience with other modified exhausts to know whether it's "drone" or not, it I don't think it is. I think it just sounds... racy.

Anyway, I'm sticking with it. Just turning the car on for the first time in a day is worth it. I cannot oversell how incredible it sounds. Hope that helps.

One more thing:

Originally Posted by upier
Has anyone noticed cooler engine temperatures after installing? It seems that loosing that big heat sink (muffler) would be helpful.
The opposite. I'm running consistently 20-25 deg higher post-install. Hard to tell if that's the exhaust, or the mesh grills i installed in the front bumper around the same time, or both.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:17 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jsalah
Have been running Fister + Sharkwerks bypass on my 997.2 C4S (non-PSE) for several months. Night and day difference from stock. The cold start sound on the car is *incredible*. Calms down at idle, but on throttle its throaty and loud. That said there is definitely a particular tone, tenor, buzz, whatever you want to call it, which you have to get used to. It's not "bad" per se, just... buzzier than I thought it would be. I simply haven't had enough experience with other modified exhausts to know whether it's "drone" or not, it I don't think it is. I think it just sounds... racy.

Anyway, I'm sticking with it. Just turning the car on for the first time in a day is worth it. I cannot oversell how incredible it sounds. Hope that helps.

One more thing:

The opposite. I'm running consistently 20-25 deg higher post-install. Hard to tell if that's the exhaust, or the mesh grills i installed in the front bumper around the same time, or both.
Do you have PDK? Exhaust resonance (drone) is more pronounced in automatics. But is sounds like you're OK with it.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:01 AM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Do you have PDK? Exhaust resonance (drone) is more pronounced in automatics. But is sounds like you're OK with it.
Interesting-- I have a 6MT, not Pdk. Odd that that makes a difference.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:06 PM
sadcaper
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone have this setup that uses their car as a DDer? Just wondering if it's "too much" for DD use.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:30 AM
upier
Racer

Originally Posted by jsalah

One more thing:The opposite. I'm running consistently 20-25 deg higher post-install. Hard to tell if that's the exhaust, or the mesh grills i installed in the front bumper around the same time, or both.
I noticed a bit of a buzz at first. I slightly loosened the crossover straps and it went away. Heard other people had same issue. Snug but not clamped hard.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:07 PM
rktitan
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody have a video of this setup (besides what's already on FDM's website?) I'm particularly looking for a drive by video. I like the PSE w/ Sharkwerks sound, but looking for a cheaper option if possible. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks Bypass - Fister Mufflers 997.2