Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 11:18 AM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts
Default NY auto show

Went first day. Overall was okay.

Some quick thoughts:

+ not that impressed with the Ford GT in person...what appealed to me about the prior car was how raw it looked. At this price point I would get something else
+ new mustang... not a fan, definitely move in wrong direction styling-wise
+ FocusRS was fine but looked a bit porkish from the front
+ Porsche exhibit was pretty weak overall -- nothing particularly exciting... the boxster spyder looks fine in person but (to me) Id opt for a boxster s between the two
+ New NSX is one of the better executed revival cars.... audi did not have the new R8 there but from pictures I would take the prior R8 over the new one... whereas I much prefer the new nsx look vs the old one (I know the eras are very different but the original nsx always looked a bit anemic to me... to match its horsepower I guess!)
+ new audi tt convertible looked pretty good but dont care for the new digital screen in place of analog dials)
+ they had an r8 competition in hideous color scheme... have no clue what they were thinking (maybe trendy for six months...)
+ saw the bmw i8 up close... cool design, looks very prototype, but also bit gimmicky... looks fast but not aggressive
+ McLaren had the most impressive display... saw the 570s which I think is a really good buy at the price point it's at. They also had f1, p1 gtr, etc... great collection on display
+ strange that alfa romeo roped off their 4cs while others allowed people to touch and sit in cars costing 3x+ as much money... the whole display was weak and superficial...
+ decent show overall...
Old 04-05-2015, 07:30 PM
jayson
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 156 Posts

I was there as well, wanted to get in the McLaren area but line was too long and I had my 5 y/o daughter in tow. Porsche area was OK. I am honestly in love with the look of the Cayman. It is an amazing car.

Quick Reply: NY auto show