Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 center muffler bypass only?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 03:17 PM
s4alex
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are doing your own install with any of the exhaust systems....

Using 15-18lbs on all the bolts is a good number.

After a few hundred miles or a couple of weeks, I would go over the whole install again and recheck all bolts to make sure they are still tight and all mount points are good and nothing is rubbing or vibrating.

I have the full Tubi installed and have absolutely no vibrations. Of course, I am one that like to take the full bumper off. That way I can give a full exam to the rear end.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:34 PM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by s4alex
If you are doing your own install with any of the exhaust systems....

Using 15-18lbs on all the bolts is a good number.

After a few hundred miles or a couple of weeks, I would go over the whole install again and recheck all bolts to make sure they are still tight and all mount points are good and nothing is rubbing or vibrating.

I have the full Tubi installed and have absolutely no vibrations. Of course, I am one that like to take the full bumper off. That way I can give a full exam to the rear end.
Wish I could but I'm a new yorker and don't have a space to do my own work.

The dealer I'm going to (Town Porsche) seem to be great and apparently have done installs for Sharkwerks in the past. I'll make sure everything is coordinated correctly and will also be attuned to any vibration.

I'm going to wait for the center muffler to be done before getting the sides done... or maybe will leave that one for next year to get some added variety every year!

Thanks to all for the input.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:07 PM
kouzman
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by shammerman
1/4 mile? Times? Any other mods?
Yes. My best was a 12.0 @ 115. The car would run 12.1 run after run!

Much faster than any magazine or manufacturer claim!

The only two mods, the AWE secondary bypass (almost identical to the SW) and BMC filters. And that's with a 265lbs driver and half tank!

I had started a thread months ago with videos and the timeslip.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:38 PM
dalancroft
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
I don't agree that it doesn't do much. My GTS has PSE, but running the SW pipe with PSE off, I did notice a difference. In fact, when I brought the car home after having it installed, my wife remarked we didn't need the SW pipe, which we had been discussing, since the car really sounded good. She didn't know I had had it installed.
You actually had a conversation with your wife about the SW center muffler delete? "Our" Carrera S cab is actually my wife's DD, and I can't get her to commit. And we live just across the Bay from Fremont, where SW is HQ'd, and I have a buddy there so we could hang out while the job was being done. Yikes.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:47 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by dalancroft
You actually had a conversation with your wife about the SW center muffler delete? "Our" Carrera S cab is actually my wife's DD, and I can't get her to commit. And we live just across the Bay from Fremont, where SW is HQ'd, and I have a buddy there so we could hang out while the job was being done. Yikes.
Absolutely! Makes for harmony. We always discuss things like this. She's a car-gal having driven TR4s and TR6s, drove my S8 when we got married, and insisted on the M package on her 335d.

Alex and Dan take good care of me as they did with my ex-6GT3.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:11 PM
s4alex
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dalancroft
I had the same conversation with the woman.

On our first group ride, we were next to a few other 911s discusing the exhausts. One had a the gundo, one had the fister, another pse. Ours was the lonely stock. After hearing the others, she said, I should get an exhaust like those.

Once I told her the deal I was getting on the Tubi compared to the bypass + gundo, I got the go ahead.

I was going to do it anyways, but at least now she gets some of the blame when the credit card bill comes.

Quick Reply: 997.2 center muffler bypass only?