Sponsored by:

Hoen Replacements - Halogen

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Blue Chip
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hoen Replacements - Halogen

My 997.1 currently has halogens - which are okay.

I had a fog light go out after a small turkey related impact and need to replace the bulbs. When looking around the forum - seems like Hoen comes up a fair amount.

I figured that since I would be ordering the fogs - I may as well replace the headlight bulbs too.

Looks like the fogs are H8, the low's are H7 and the highs H9's... sound right?

Also - the Hoen site lists the replacements as Xenonmatch Titanium... my concern is the 70W versus the stock 55.

Anyone with experience (in the recent past)?
Old 04-01-2015, 10:23 AM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

it seems that these bulbs are just color matched to look like hid bulbs, and dont offer any increased output in the light
Old 04-01-2015, 01:06 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

I bought two sets of the Hoen xenomatch bulbs - one for our LR3 and one for my 911, both for foglight applications. Haven't installed them on the 911, but have had them on the LR3 for a few months. They are noticeably whiter than regular halogen bulbs, but not perfectly matched to the LR3's xenons, with 4300K bulbs. I'd say they are about 10-20% off in matching genuine xenon light output.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:55 AM
gasongasoff
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Chip
My 997.1 currently has halogens - which are okay.

I had a fog light go out after a small turkey related impact and need to replace the bulbs. When looking around the forum - seems like Hoen comes up a fair amount.

I figured that since I would be ordering the fogs - I may as well replace the headlight bulbs too.

Looks like the fogs are H8, the low's are H7 and the highs H9's... sound right?

Also - the Hoen site lists the replacements as Xenonmatch Titanium... my concern is the 70W versus the stock 55.

Anyone with experience (in the recent past)?
I bought a pair of bulbs from Hoen. One of them was defective. They promised to send a replacement, but they did not. I highly disrecommend this company.

Quick Reply: Hoen Replacements - Halogen