Hands free

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 05:29 PM
territory145
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hands free

Hope someone can help.
I have a 2005 base Carrera, No jacks for iPhone or anything else for that matter, except power.
I would like to have bluetooth accessibility for my iPhone, what do I do to accomplish this.
Thank You
Old 03-31-2015, 06:17 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 343 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by territory145
Hope someone can help.
I have a 2005 base Carrera, No jacks for iPhone or anything else for that matter, except power.
I would like to have bluetooth accessibility for my iPhone, what do I do to accomplish this.
Thank You

Well, you've got couple of options and there was a thread created last month about this exact same subject:

Simple Tranzit: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...streaming.html

If you have PCM 2.1 then the iPod center console connector retrofit is out of the question from what I've read. If you somehow have 3.0 then just get the Tune2Air. That's what I use and it's flawless for the PCM 3.0 (outside of a few niggles with connecting two devices to your phone at the same time.. do a search on RL to read more about that if interested).
Old 03-31-2015, 06:26 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Well, you've got couple of options and there was a thread created last month about this exact same subject:

Simple Tranzit: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...streaming.html

If you have PCM 2.1 then the iPod center console connector retrofit is out of the question from what I've read. If you somehow have 3.0 then just get the Tune2Air. That's what I use and it's flawless for the PCM 3.0 (outside of a few niggles with connecting two devices to your phone at the same time.. do a search on RL to read more about that if interested).
With a 2005 C2, his PCM is most likely 2.x, 3.0 came in with the 997.2. I'm sure someone has done this - OP should try a search (use "bluetooth handsfree" in the 997 forum) and see what pops up.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:30 PM
InclineTahoe
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2005 C2 also and was in the same boat. I wanted to keep the PCM so I went with the Dension 500 -http://www.dension.com/products
Lately I have been reading about this new product Tranzlt Blue and sounds like a good solution for IPhone people. (Not compatible with Windows Phone) - there are posts on both so do some searching.

http://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php...&path=2_22_176
I bought from them - good experience.

Good Luck!
Old 03-31-2015, 06:39 PM
territory145
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick responses, I will get on it right away.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:21 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I went with the iSimple Tranzit Blu HF in my '05 C2 and am very happy. Works very well, easy to install, cost a small fraction of the Dension, Mobridge or Tooki units (the latter which only plays music through the front speakers). The only drawback is your playlists, phone contacts or GPS maps don't show up on the PCM screen, just the name of the current song playing. But since the PCM in the '05 is not touch screen it really doesn't make as much difference. I just lay my phone sideways against the cubby in front of the shifter. Siri works if you have an iPhone.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:38 PM
mwolfe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tranzit Blu HF.

PROS:
Very cheap (<$100 on Amzon).
Easy to install--I did mine in my '08 Targa. then installed one in my wife's Nissan.
Stream music--iTubes, Pandora, etc
Handsfree phone calls with blue tooth--Android and iPhone
Stream smartphone nav (voice directions thru speaker, but have to use phone screen)

CONS:
not very OEM--which makes it easy to install. signal gets to the radio thru the antenna (NOT OVER THE AIR--DIRECT CONNECTION TO THE ANTENNA JACK ON THE HEAD UNIT)
can't rewind or go backwards on playlists through the unit--you still can using the smartphone interface
you will need to get the antenna adaptor.

iSimple website has a good video of it being used and also good install tutorial. There is an EXCELLENT DIY on this forum.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:11 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 772 Posts

If you're okay spending a little more money for a more elegant solution, then consider the Mobridge M2 Pro.

I realize it's not for everyone, but it works very well for me.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:10 AM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Z
I went with the iSimple Tranzit Blu HF in my '05 C2 and am very happy. Works very well, easy to install, cost a small fraction of the Dension, Mobridge or Tooki units (the latter which only plays music through the front speakers). The only drawback is your playlists, phone contacts or GPS maps don't show up on the PCM screen, just the name of the current song playing. But since the PCM in the '05 is not touch screen it really doesn't make as much difference. I just lay my phone sideways against the cubby in front of the shifter. Siri works if you have an iPhone.
+1

I actually prefer to have the navigation through the phone sice I have it monted above the PCM. Much beter visibility that way. I have used he Tranzit Blu with both Iphone and Android. Best invested 100 bucks I ever made.

Quick Reply: Hands free