Stupid drivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 10:35 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Stupid drivers

Driving home tonight and some dumbass drives hard into my lane. I jam the brakes and the horn and keep moving to the right until I smack both wheels against the curb. She keeps driving. Follow her all the way home while on the phone with the cops. They take a police report but no ticket. May have to replace both right side wheels. 😡
Old 03-25-2015, 10:44 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks. She was probably on the phone and not paying attention. It drives me nuts how bad so many drivers are today. I find myself spending most of my time having to drive defensively just to try and stay out of harms way.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:46 PM
phil996cab99
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get something in writing from the police that they will not turn it into carfax, if you can. Happened to me.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:19 PM
gabe2006
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wife had the same issue a month ago. Two wheels and two tires. She did not see the license plate of the lady that pulled in her lane.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:26 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Happened to me a few weeks ago on the freeway.

Assume that every other driver on the freeway is a comatose moron and you won't be disappointed.

I have taken to watching the angle and distance from the painted line of the other cars and honk at the slightest variation to remind the brain dead there are other cars on the road.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:16 AM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone ever have some stranger purposely cut them off, or brake check on the highway?

Last week someone in a newer white Nissan Maxima cut me off no less than six times while just minding my own business in the rightmost lane.

Traffic played out in my favor and I was able to finally pass. The driver gave me a middle finger as I did. Never met the guy before in my life. I didn't even get angry, I just wanted to know why.

Glad I take the train into the city most days ...
Old 03-26-2015, 01:14 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by SnP
Assume that every other driver on the freeway is a comatose moron and you won't be disappointed.
+1

I assume everyone is going to try and kill me. I'm not perfect and have made my share of mistakes. I'm sure there are many more to come but some people should nit be behind the wheel. The one that really gets me is when I see someone driving on the freeway while reading.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:53 AM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

(at the last sentence)... everythign else i agree wholeheartedly.

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
+1

I assume everyone is going to try and kill me. I'm not perfect and have made my share of mistakes. I'm sure there are many more to come but some people should nit be behind the wheel. The one that really gets me is when I see someone driving on the freeway while reading.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:56 AM
dalancroft
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great line from a now-older "FedEx Kinko's" ad:

Boss: "You just keep acting like everyone's out to get you."

Employee: "They are."
Old 03-26-2015, 09:18 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Carmichael
Anyone ever have some stranger purposely cut them off, or brake check on the highway?

Last week someone in a newer white Nissan Maxima cut me off no less than six times while just minding my own business in the rightmost lane.

Traffic played out in my favor and I was able to finally pass. The driver gave me a middle finger as I did. Never met the guy before in my life. I didn't even get angry, I just wanted to know why.

Glad I take the train into the city most days ...

Had a woman in a ****ty Mercedes speed up in front of me cut me off and then slam on her brakes coming to a full stop on a 55mph road. I can only assume she was attempting to cause a massive pileup. Ford Explorer behind me nearly crashed as result but was able to come to full stop as were all the other vehicles behind him. She gave me the finger after and sped off. Disgusting human being.

I had a fully loaded .45 under my seat and considered emptying the entire magazine into her vehicle. Called the police instead and they were worthless.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:20 AM
Para82
Race Car

Let me add that being near a woman in a moving vehicle on a cellphone is a deathwish. The chances of your property being destroyed are much higher than getting hit by a drunk driver. Stay clear.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Para82
Race Car

Originally Posted by SnP
Yup just pretend everyone is blindfolded and retarded at the same time.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:20 AM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
I had a fully loaded .45 under my seat and considered emptying the entire magazine into her vehicle. Called the police instead and they were worthless.
Careful ... I just helped one of my colleagues in filing an amicus curiae brief to help defend a veteran who actually did just that because of a road rage incident. The charge is attempted murder.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:36 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Well that does suck. Citiots.
Are the wheels bent? You can most likely get them banged out and refinished.
Are you running the BBS in your photo? I loved mine, fantastically well built and balanced wheel.
But generally unloved by most. With that you could probably pick up a used set for about the same price as refinishing. I sold my Lobster Snows with used tires for $7oo last fall. They were poorly repainted, and one had a previously inflicted curb bend, though still straight. There are a few sets on toronto KIJIJIJJ for $1000 ish. You should still not need to spend this dough, if it weren't someone else's carelessness.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:44 AM
SpeedyD
Burning Brakes

Received 165 Likes on 112 Posts

I honk at any encroachment into my lane... Around NYC you see it all the time. Lazy drivers drifting across the lines. As everyone has already said, those on cell phones are the absolute worst and I've seen people clearly texting while driving.

I've had limo car drivers who also text while drive... I always tell them to put it away.

I would absolutely, positively prefer cops enforce no texting / no talking on cell phones while driving instead of targeting anyone going 15 mph over the limit on an open freeway. #1 reason... many of the people speeding 15mph+ above the limit in minivans and SUVs are talking and texting too... cuz those same people don't have any f'n common sense or appreciation of the danger. So if they target the texting/talkers at any speed, they will make the roads much, much, much safer...

Quick Reply: Stupid drivers