Sponsored by:

suncoast winter tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 01:22 PM
robh75
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuhl997.2!
I had the same issue with regard to the Porsche center caps color not matching my Carrera Sport wheel color. I purchased some GT silver aerosol paint with some clear coat from Automotive Touchup and painted them to match my self. The crest was easily taped off with automotive masking tape and the surrounding area painted. They really came out nicer than the factory finish that tend to look very plastic looking. I believe the Meteorite gray would match the Turbo II wheel finish nicely. Cheers
Cool suggestion! Turns out after looking at both silver and grey I actually prefer using the silver center caps against the grey wheels. I like the little bit of of retro-style contrast at the center point, and the Turbo II "daggers" all pointing toward that silver center point without actually connecting to it. Think that looks really cool. Just personal preference.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:38 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 603 Likes on 357 Posts

thats pretty genius. pictures?

I had the same issue with regard to the Porsche center caps color not matching my Carrera Sport wheel color. I purchased some GT silver aerosol paint with some clear coat from Automotive Touchup and painted them to match my self. The crest was easily taped off with automotive masking tape and the surrounding area painted. They really came out nicer than the factory finish that tend to look very plastic looking. I believe the Meteorite gray would match the Turbo II wheel finish nicely. Cheers
Old 03-14-2015, 01:40 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

looks great, and same to you rob75.

the winters should be noisier and potentially a more sloppy softer ride.... but if the sizing is identical to the summer tires it 'shouldnt' be too drastic of a difference.

what tire pressure are you guys running for winter?

Originally Posted by eviligloo
Did anyone that put these on their car notice a big difference in handling for the winter wheels?

The turbo II wheels for the 997 turbo are 8.5 width with a 56mm offset whereas this set is 8 wide with a 57mm offset (rear is the same size and offset and all the tires are the size you would run for a winter wheel set) Think that's it or is it just the difference between summer and winter tires?

I asked Suncoast before I bought them to make sure and they said it would be fine and maybe I'd have to run a 5mm spacer on the front but I dunno....

PS- here's a pic of them installed

Attachment 919085
Old 03-14-2015, 04:36 PM
jmt053
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My shipment was delayed due to weather. With luck, I'll get my wheels this coming week. Can't wait. The posted pics show how good these wheels look!
Old 03-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Kuhl997.2!
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

From left to right silver colored crest, silver with black crest, GT silver with colored crest and custom paint matched cap with black crest.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:05 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

this is uber genius

From left to right silver colored crest, silver with black crest, GT silver with colored crest and custom paint matched cap with black crest.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 PM
robh75
Instructor

Originally Posted by myw
looks great, and same to you rob75.

the winters should be noisier and potentially a more sloppy softer ride.... but if the sizing is identical to the summer tires it 'shouldnt' be too drastic of a difference.

what tire pressure are you guys running for winter?
Thanks! I am setting the pressure per the OBC for now (+/- 0 per the TPM). At around 40 degrees I believe all zeros on TPM was 31 front 34 rear.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:03 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

i just noticed the exact issue as i am close to sourcing a set of turboII wheels myself and am getting stumped.

19x8 ET57- 997.362.157.02 should be the NB front wheel, but for some reason it looks as though the NB front wheel in fact does end up C4's and C4s for some reason.

just to confirm the rears are indeed 19x11 ET51 - 997.362.163.02 ??

it just occured to me that the turbo fronts are 8.5inch ET56 meanwhile the c4/c4s fronts are 8inch ET57 to account for the turbo front bumper being 1/2 inch wider the normal carerra front bumpers (added with for circle fog lamps)

in any case you are looking at 5mm more inset for the front wheels only (likely safer anywys for winter driving).

Originally Posted by eviligloo
The turbo II wheels for the 997 turbo are 8.5 width with a 56mm offset whereas this set is 8 wide with a 57mm offset (rear is the same size and offset and all the tires are the size you would run for a winter wheel set) Think that's it or is it just the difference between summer and winter tires?
Old 03-19-2015, 06:51 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 306 Likes on 180 Posts
Default Anthracite dark gray centers

So I got my fake center caps from China for $16 shipped (for all 4).

With the gray paint, when you tilt the caps you can see some waviness that correlates with the placement of the tabs on the back. I don't think the original do that but then again I've never had original gray ones.

Anyway, the color match is pretty good if you can get over that quality quirk.

Think I'll stick with these until I can find dark gray with a non colored crest which is really what I'm after.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:52 PM
robh75
Instructor

Had to take out the car in the snowstorm today to try the new wheels/tires...

So far a few inches of slippery wet snow and Brunhilda was a pussycat! We have an RX350 AWD SUV and I don't know if it would fare so well in this stuff.

Man this is coming down fast, just shoveled the driveway only 10 minutes ago and as you can see from the pic it is already covered again.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: suncoast winter tires