Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suncoast winter tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 12:31 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 306 Likes on 180 Posts

Wheel fitment should be fine. Don't think the T2 are available on the site any more. I looked at plenty of pictures of folks with spacers and the consensus is they'll work with 295 ... not 305.

I'll let u know for 100% sure once I throw them on.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:42 PM
jmt053
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't know the tires are older, but I really don't care. The plan is to put new tires on them anyway as I don't have a need for winter tires in the SF Bay Area. I like the wheels and they came with TPMS. By themselves a good deal (possibly great deal) at this price.
I think Ric's response from Suncoast was a very standup reply making sure customers are satisfied.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:27 PM
secondshot
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks like they are out, or have taken down the offer. If you are going to return them, then i would say get on it, because I may buy yours.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:25 PM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 116 Posts

I read all the posts.
My thoughts....
If the seller does not know the age of the item, they don't NEED to disclose. If they don't look or research, they don't need to be forthcoming with information they know nothing about.
I read "close out item " as end of line and ...older stock. They were always used tires though. They would not have been this season, maybe not last season either. OK lets go with last season. They could have been one year old even from the mounting time. Thus 3 year old stamped tires.
I liked Ric's reply to your concern. Good for you Ric for stepping up and trying to keep the peace with the client. I see 16oo-26oo for a clean OEM wheel as a fair used tire and rim price. Hope everything works out.
It's always difficult to purchase something without seeing and poking and prodding. No matter who you buy from.
I'd keep them, suck it up. You bought used tires. How many miles are you actually going to put on these babies? 5ooo miles per year? Big deal, your safe. You have a great set of snow tires on great rims, OEM to boot.
O/P - So where is the photo of your car with the boots on it?
I would be pleased.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:00 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Got stuck running wire in the attic for my speakers. Then had to fill the drill holes with firestop expanding foam. Now I have to go shovel/blow some snow around .... then install the wheels. Should have pictures tonight of the T2s on the filthy car.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:59 PM
vector99
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Turbo II's are back - all be it one set and $300 more than before

Note the comment at the end now

"Tire production date ranges from 2011-12. "
Old 03-05-2015, 07:37 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

If anyone is on the fence about the T2. They are beautiful. Really beautiful. We're warming up to mid 60s within a week so after waxing them ... Etc. I decided not to actually install them. I'll post a close up of the wheels sans car.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Carmichael
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, three year old tires stored in a climate controlled facility away from sunlight should still be useful. Do you have a tire durometer to measure the hardness of the rubber?

Oftentimes I find that the first milimeter of rubber or so has hardened, but a burnout or two and some spirited driving should exfoliate the rubber back to being soft and pliable again. In my experience, the winter tires I've used in the past were good for 5-6 winters when put in service for 4-5 months. Hell, I had a set of Firestone Winterforce tires that I ran year-round for 3 years and 20,000 miles on my '92 Accord when I was in college and they were still decently grippy for two of those years and 15,000 of those 20,000 miles.

I would have ordered a set from Suncoast myself, even if I knew they were a few years old, but they were still a little too pricey for me.

Then again I buy used wheels and tires all the time.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:05 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 603 Likes on 357 Posts

agreed on all points. anyway you look at it it's a steal. you can still use the winter tires safely for 3, more then likely 4 seasons.

there are VERY few brand new winter tires that can be used for over 4 seasons; unless they are used VERY LOW milage.

brand new 997.2 c2s/turboII wheels + tpms sensors are already worth approx 2500 easily; add to that winter tires that have never been used, saved costs mounting+balancing of the tires on the wheels etc.. quite the steal.

Originally Posted by jmt053
I didn't know the tires are older, but I really don't care. The plan is to put new tires on them anyway as I don't have a need for winter tires in the SF Bay Area. I like the wheels and they came with TPMS. By themselves a good deal (possibly great deal) at this price.
I think Ric's response from Suncoast was a very standup reply making sure customers are satisfied.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:07 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 603 Likes on 357 Posts

goddamn those are BEAUTIFUL. damn the horrible canadian dollar... congrats!

Originally Posted by workhurts
If anyone is on the fence about the T2. They are beautiful. Really beautiful. We're warming up to mid 60s within a week so after waxing them ... Etc. I decided not to actually install them. I'll post a close up of the wheels sans car.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:24 PM
secondshot
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gorgeous...you did good. Can't wait to see them on the car. I was so on the fence.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:41 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

If anyone is not planning on using the winter tires and would be interested in selling them, please PM me.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:54 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 116 Posts

o/P - Workhurts

See .... a little cleaning therapy has calmed your soul. You sound happier. Keep polishing. Each wheel should be at least a one beer job.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:13 PM
energetik9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by secondshot
It looks like they are out, or have taken down the offer. If you are going to return them, then i would say get on it, because I may buy yours.
I do sympathize with the OP, but I looked too and didnt see a link or any other listing of this on the site.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:42 PM
robh75
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP: Are you going to use the standard silver center caps or did you buy the matching ones? I am thinking of using my existing silver ones as it could make a nice contrast with the black/dark grey to make the the colored crest more prominent but will need to see when I get the wheels.

Quick Reply: suncoast winter tires