Sponsored by:

How do I disconnect squirter heater?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,653 Likes on 986 Posts
Default How do I disconnect squirter heater?

I am still dicking around re-aiming my windshield squirters and tried taking them out of the car but I can't figure out how to disconnect the heater wire from the cowling mount. The PET diagrams don't show the electrical hookups.

Any tips?

By the way, I was able to improve the aim by putting a dental probe into the hole and then bending up. I used a dental probe because its metal is strong and thin. Thanx to those who recommended the parts replacement... I will probably do that but I like to dick around and break something before I order a new part.

I suspect the aim is bad due to a windshield replacement I had... maybe the cowling is not lying against the glass at the perfect angle. The first installer did not set the glass deep enough causing wind noise and some other issues so the dealer called in a different installer who re-set the glass. Any way, I wonder if this activity didn't affect the aim.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 01-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Crester
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 41 Posts

I didn't even know the windshield washer nozzles have heaters. Do the headlight washers have them too? Because I've been noticing that in the cold weather now (-10C/14F) or below the headlight washers seem to stop working while the windshield washer nozzles work fine.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:13 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 116 Posts

GM had a recall on the heated windshield wiper fluid. You paid for that package, it was catching fire. Take your car in, free removal of the system (that you paid for).
Take a photo of the removal, once you figure it out. Be gentle and keep calm.

Quick Reply: How do I disconnect squirter heater?