Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone heard of Vogtland springs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 12:12 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Has anyone heard of Vogtland springs?

I received an email from Pelican Parts with a discount on Vogtland lowering springs. Has anyone heard of these springs? Does anyone have any experience with these springs? I was leaning towards Techart or Eibach and just wanted to see if anyone has tried Vogtland.

Thanks,
Old 11-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

I have, but not with Porsches. I had a set on my C43 AMG. Nice stuff. They are a decent brand, if that's what you're worrying about. It doesn't seem like they have a lot of exposure in the Porsche world, and probably overall not as well known a suspension manufacturer as Eibach, H&R, KW or Bilstein, but I think they're product is quality.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:26 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

We are running the special through Monday!

VOGTLAND isn't widely recognized in the Porsche after market here in the U.S. but they manufacture an excellent sport coil spring meeting German manufacturing and quality standards other major brands meet as well. Ride quality, fit and finish are exceptional.

And for the special pricing - it's a great deal! Happy to answer any questions. Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday!

Mark/Pelican Parts
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 12-19-2014, 08:30 PM
IX XI
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I just installed a pair of these springs. First impression is that they are very good. Compliant and very close to stock ride quality, being just slightly firmer.

I've had Eibach on an old Acura I had years ago and recently had a Mini JCW with KW V2s installed (both excellent products) so although I can only reference my experience in the 911 based on the stock springs I have played around with the suspension setups on my cars for years.

I'd say to anyone interested in the Vogtland springs, buy with confidence. Cornering performance has improved and the wheel gap is significantly reduced.

I can upload some pics once it stops raining around here and I can get the car washed.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:38 PM
MarcoRemius
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had Vogtland springs and FK dampers on my MKIII GTI. I bought the combo bc they were cheap and it was just a daily beater... but I'll say was really impressed (more so with the springs than dampers). I had 100k miles on the setup before I sold the car and they still felt j just fine.

I'd buy 'em again, but I'd pair them with a decent set of dampers.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:46 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,150 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by IX XI
I just installed a pair of these springs. First impression is that they are very good. Compliant and very close to stock ride quality, being just slightly firmer.

I've had Eibach on an old Acura I had years ago and recently had a Mini JCW with KW V2s installed (both excellent products) so although I can only reference my experience in the 911 based on the stock springs I have played around with the suspension setups on my cars for years.

I'd say to anyone interested in the Vogtland springs, buy with confidence. Cornering performance has improved and the wheel gap is significantly reduced.

I can upload some pics once it stops raining around here and I can get the car washed.
First post. Welcome aboard. I look forward to the pictures.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:48 PM
IX XI
Advanced

I'm impressed so far myself as well. Anxious to get them out to the next AX to see how they really perform.

They seem to match up to the stock dampers really well. Once mine need to be replaced I'd be open to something that's more performance oriented. Hesitant to lose the PASM though...
Old 12-19-2014, 08:49 PM
IX XI
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
First post. Welcome aboard. I look forward to the pictures.
Thanks. Pictures to arrive soon. Hopefully we get some clear skies this weekend!
Old 12-19-2014, 09:02 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

If you are speaking from California (Northern) we can be thankful for the wet we are getting! But yeah, it does seem like this has been going on for months (it hasn't) and we are due for a break.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:21 AM
IX XI
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wayne Smith
If you are speaking from California (Northern) we can be thankful for the wet we are getting! But yeah, it does seem like this has been going on for months (it hasn't) and we are due for a break.
I'm in Dallas myself so we could use the rain here as well.

I love the rain and all but I also love a clean car! Guess we can't have everything. ;-p
Old 12-22-2014, 11:45 PM
IX XI
Advanced

A pic as promised. Just a quick cell phone shot since it rained yesterday and will rain again tomorrow. You get an idea of the drop anyway.
Attached Images  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:16 AM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

The drop looks sweet. Glad to hear you're getting more rain. The pictures I've seen of Texas are scary.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:38 AM
IX XI
Advanced

Oh yes. It's been a dry year for sure here as well.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:27 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

Thank you for your responses and thanks for the pic. It seems like the drop is similar to H&R Springs.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:23 PM
IX XI
Advanced

Originally Posted by awrryan
Thank you for your responses and thanks for the pic. It seems like the drop is similar to H&R Springs.
True, very close to the H&R drop. The Vogtlands are 1.2" front and rear. I believe the H&Rs are 1.3" front and rear. Practically the same.

Quick Reply: Has anyone heard of Vogtland springs?