Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo replacement for 2007 911 (w/Bose)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 09:34 AM
jeffsnavely
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default see my recent post on OEM vs aftermarket:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...lled-mine.html

Mine was DIY previous owner so had an issue with the volume/gain on the NAVTEQ MOST adapter, so professional install is recommended.

Besides that however, I found the aftermarket HU to be very annoying, mainly the volume buttons -- a **** is essential for using by feel!!!!

I greatly prefer the look of the OEM and like having the trip computer functionality.

I would recommend adding a Bluetooth unit (DIY) to the OEM system vs. replacing HU.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Mednikg
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retaining chronograph?

Originally Posted by semicycler
Yes and no. For a 997.1 Bose setup, there are fiber optic cables running from the PCM head unit to the Bose amplifier. Regular copper wires run from the Bose amplifier to the speakers. You have a couple of options here:

1. Only swap the head unit, keeping the Bose amplifier and OEM speakers. You need the MOST/HUR adapter to splice the aftermarket radio into the fiber optic network (MOST)

2. Replace both the head unit and the Bose amplifier. Here you need to run new wires from the head unit to the amplifier, replacing the fiber optic network. The wiring from the amplifier to each speaker can remain.

3. Replace everything, head unit, amplifier, speakers. Same as #2 above but the speakers get swapped out. Often people will run lower gauge wires from the amplifier to the speakers since everything else is being replaced. But it's not necessary.

I have a 2007 911 4s with factory pcm and Bose. Is it possible to keep chronograph functionality (even if just controlled using levers attached to steering wheel) if I pursue option 1? Or do I lose that functionality no matter which of the 3 options above I pursue?
Old 11-20-2018, 04:24 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The dashboard wart will still function with the steering column stick control. But if you have Sport Chrono Plus with wart data displayed on the PCM, you will lose that since the PCM is removed and replaced with an aftermarket head unit.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:02 PM
Mednikg
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by semicycler
The dashboard wart will still function with the steering column stick control. But if you have Sport Chrono Plus with wart data displayed on the PCM, you will lose that since the PCM is removed and replaced with an aftermarket head unit.
Thanks! And the removal of the pcm doesn’t affect the functionality of the sport button on the lower center console below the pcm?
Old 12-04-2018, 01:23 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mednikg

Thanks! And the removal of the pcm doesn’t affect the functionality of the sport button on the lower center console below the pcm?
Nope
Old 11-19-2019, 12:43 PM
De Gamaram
Intermediate

I just had the Kenwood DDX 9704S installed in my 2007 C4 and I love the unit! It has all the features you are looking for and some! Highly recommended unit!
Old 01-26-2020, 11:08 AM
pmb692
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Head unit question

Can I replace the head unit in my 2007 Carrera 4S with one from say a 2011 or 12 with Bluetooth? I'd like to keep a stock look but get rid of the phone keypad.
Old 01-07-2022, 01:33 PM
Osu1200
5th Gear

Hello everyone! Any recommendation for replacing the OEM head unit with a Bluetooth and wireless apple car play abs not break the bank. It is for a 2005 997.1 C2S with Bose that I am
planning to keep.
thank you
Old 01-07-2022, 02:17 PM
frybear
Pro

Received 210 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Osu1200
Hello everyone! Any recommendation for replacing the OEM head unit with a Bluetooth and wireless apple car play abs not break the bank. It is for a 2005 997.1 C2S with Bose that I am
planning to keep.
thank you
Depends on what breaking the bank means...I spent $1500 out the door for an Alpine head unit with BT and carplay, backup camera and sirius xm module with installation. It's the MOST adapter that you have to use with Bose that's pricey. Someone here I think did a different unit that was just plug n play, maybe Dynavin was the brand?
Old 01-07-2022, 02:38 PM
ergi
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just install on my 997.2 w/Bose a Kenwood HU with Most interface from Seicane (less than 100$)
Seicane Most box
You need a wiring with plugs and Can-bus interface, a 2-Din face adaptor and some interfaces for radio antenna (Fakra to Din) and GPS antenna.
For USB plug into the center box you can use a Fakra 4 pins to USB interface cable.
This configuration works well without fader control (the fader stays to the last value before removing PCM)

I replaced the small 2 ways sub-woofer amp behind the rear seats by a 4 ways 2ohms outputs, I control the subwoofers by the SW HU output
and the 2 rear side speakers by the Rear HU outputs RL.
In this way you can control the fader and adjust the SW level separately.
The low level wiring is not too difficult by the down left side of the cockpit, the connections from the new amp to the 2 speakers and the 2 SW is quite easy.
The total cost w/o 2-DIN HU is about 200$ w/o new amp and 300-350$ with new amp and wires (JBL A-6004)

Quick Reply: Stereo replacement for 2007 911 (w/Bose)