Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to get a 997.1 C4S just a question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 08:52 PM
wardrive
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 70 Posts

Just buy the C4S =P
Old 10-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Alex 911
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrono
I have to take my wallet out of my back pocket to be 100% comfortable.
+1 on my Sport Adaptive Seats. Just toss it in the space under the A/C controls in front of the gear selector.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:43 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

Thanks! This has been a big help, tomorrow I will go over and see if they will take my bike and my V for trade, they say they take bikes and they already gave me a good trade on the V. My race accidents have caught up to me and the bike has to go. My right wrist was pretty much crushed in 96 at Summit Point and I kept street riding till today, but its just too painful to go on. So I want a fun and reasonably fast car to take the place of the V and the KTM. The C4S has a great personality like the bike, but no wrist pain with it. Oddly enough, never injured the back or neck racing bikes, just wrist, leg, and knee.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:45 PM
espanolie
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Porsche seats are some of the most comfy I've ever experienced including 993s, 997s and 991s.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:36 AM
Koenbro
Track Day

2007 C4S, Arizona daily driver, with a few 6 hr trips to LA or San Diego. Very comfortable. Go for it.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:54 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Don't worry about the wallet...there won't be anything in it after you make the purchase.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:39 AM
MY997
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DC911S
My race accidents have caught up to me and the bike has to go. My right wrist was pretty much crushed in 96 at Summit Point and I kept street riding till today, but its just too painful to go on. So I want a fun and reasonably fast car to take the place of the V and the KTM. The C4S has a great personality like the bike, but no wrist pain with it. Oddly enough, never injured the back or neck racing bikes, just wrist, leg, and knee.
Dude I feel your pain as about 6 years ago I had my left shoulder completely done (Labrum, rotator, etc...) and I believe was all due to a bad fall I took racing WERA way back in the 80's. Front wheel wash in a corner (went in too hot) and hit head (Freddie Spencer Arai saved my noodle) and shoudler first into the ground at around 100mph...also slammed my left knee...leathers and pads helped but I spent 3 days in the hospital...to rehab the knee I got into cycling and ended up selling my race bike 750 Interceptor and my CR125 to set myself up with all the cycling needs. Have not riden since but think I would like to as I did for many years leading up to that.

To get back OT...the C4S is the closest thing I have owned to a bike in reference to acceleration and handling but without dragging my knee and the front wheels stay on the ground...LMAO Good luck with the purchase!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:58 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

I guess a lot of us took the sport bike to Porsche route. I fortunately survived without too many serious issues (knocked out four times which may have messed up my hearing from "repeated head trauma" as the doctor put it), a few minor scars and a couple of lingering sore joints. At my (and your?) age it probably is a good time to walk away from the bikes with our lives still intact.

I traded in my BMW S1000RR and a BMW 335i on my first Porsche about two years ago and got better deals on them than I was expecting. They actually gave me more than the price I was asking on eBay for the bike. (Yeah, I know they had a lot of markup on the car to work with). It was a really big relief to me since those of you familiar with high power sport bikes (mine was 195HP in a 450lb bike) are not at all comfortable with letting anyone test drive them because of the relatively high likelihood that someone would crash it and the liability issues that ensue. That makes it a bit tricky to sell.

In Texas, you only have to pay taxes on the difference between the trade(s) and the new car, so that is further incentive to trade in as well. Hopefully your state has the same deal.

Best of luck on the trade-ins and I hope we see some photos of your wonderful new (and safer) love soon.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:10 AM
MY997
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StormRune
I guess a lot of us took the sport bike to Porsche route. I fortunately survived without too many serious issues (knocked out four times which may have messed up my hearing from "repeated head trauma" as the doctor put it), a few minor scars and a couple of lingering sore joints. At my (and your?) age it probably is a good time to walk away from the bikes with our lives still intact.
True...true...it is the cheapest way to go very fast. And I rode like I stole it...use to ride wheelies through traffic (i.e. changing lanes etc...) and my friends use to say you are going to end up on the cover of a magazine or dead...well no magazine cover and I am still here...LOL

But I hear you on the head issue as I did have car pull out in front of me once (never saw it as I was looking over at the Kawasaki dealership I was going by) and woke up in the hospital hours later. No idea (to this day) what happened but a witness said "I flew like Superman"...also someone stole my brand new Bell helmet... I believe it saved my life or at least my noddle.

Sorry about getting
Old 10-07-2014, 12:10 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

I hate selling bikes on ebay or CL, so I'm willing to take a hit on the bike not to go through that again....
Old 10-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Trod
Track Day

Yes indeed the seats are comfortable enough to sit in them all day. Other issues brought up in this thread has given me food for thought. At 74 yrs perhaps it's time to part with my 87 and 93 V4 magna motorcycles. They might nail me before old age, both close. Besides I am tired of having to wire my dentures to the handle bars. Sorry about physical up date. Trod
Old 10-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,141 Likes on 3,914 Posts

The 997s are very comfortable cars. I'm 6'1" 200 lbs and the Adaptive Sport Seats with the shoulder wing supports fit and support me much better than the standard comfort seats. I have the Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (was going to use an acronym for this but didn't think ***+ would stick) and my wife's has the comfort seats. I drove mine from Pittsburgh to South Carolina and hers from Detroit to South Carolina upon purchasing each. No issues with stiffness, pain, etc We also just took hers from SC down to St Pete, FL & back - down on Friday, back on Sunday - no issues. Don't let the seats stop you if the rest of the car checks out and has the options you want. For about $2,500-$3,000 you can get a very nice used set of the Adaptive Sport seats, swap them into your car, and sell the originals for about $1,000. If you'll be doing a lot of spirited driving, you can also go with the GT versions of these that have Alcantara in the center sections for extra butt grip (I personally prefer the full leather look and feel but to each their own).

Regarding your first comment about the cornersl, the 911 is a completely different driving dynamic than the other cars you mention as they all have front engines with rear wheel drive - with the 911 having the engine weight over the rear driving wheels, they are very planted in the rears through corners. I was originally looking for a C4S myself but after driving the C2S cars, and finding a C2S based RUF R-Kompressor, scrapped the AWD and haven't regretted it at all. If you live where it snows or rains a lot, the AWD will probably give you some extra grip and security, but otherwise, it's not really needed IMHO, unless you just have to have that widebody look, which is also very sexy.

Both my wife and I used to rids sportbikes (I had a VFR750 and her a YZF600). but we sold them upon becomming pregnant with our first child (have 2 now). As much as I thought I would miss them, I just don't. The cars are great, a lot of fun, and with the back seat being very useable for small kids, we can all enjoy the cars together.

Go make your deal and welcome to the club !
Old 10-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 125 Posts

Adaptive sport seats for all day comfort. I just drove mine from Hsv to Gulf Shores this past weekend. It's a pretty good touring car.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:25 PM
3point8
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

great story about the 551HP mustang manic.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Volnomad
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

I drove 3950 miles across the country in my Targa in December and found the seats to be very comfortable. And, at my age (61), I'm picky about seats.

Quick Reply: About to get a 997.1 C4S just a question...