Interior Light Switch Setting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:56 AM
topracer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior Light Switch Setting?

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 2009 C4S, and couldn’t figure out how to use the 3 interior night switches. I read the manual (see attached), but doesn’t seem like the vehicle is doing what the manual said. Wondering if there is a short circuit or related to user error.

First, in order to get the interior lights switching on and off automatically, I need to set the left and right reading light switched to the center, and the interior light switch to the right (pass. side, which is not what the manual said).

Second, the footwell lights would turn off after the car is parked and the engine is off. However, the footwell lights always stay on when engine is on.

The bottom line question I have is what setting (switch position) to set if I would like all 3 interior lights and footwell lights switching on and off automatically, and all lights being switched off during drive?

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 09-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts

Auto on/off should be with all three switches to the center position. There are custom interior light settings in the PCM that are accessible through your information button on the console. These control items like how long the interior lights stay on after shutdown, your DRL's, etc.

If your footwell lights come on and stay on while you're driving, I suspect you've got a malfunction--possibly in one of the door switches that control the interior lights when you open and close the doors, or you may have a malfunction in the center switch that you mentioned in your post. It doesn't seem to be operating correctly. HTH.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:31 PM
topracer
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would assume I have a bad center switch. Even if I switch the center switch to the left (driver side), the interior light does not get turned off. Will drop it off at the dealer to be looked at.
The following users liked this post:
waizone (06-15-2020)
Old 09-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Note that occasionally the software can drop certain functions. You may need the dealership to reflash the software to ensure everything that car was sold with (s/w wise) is still there.

Sometime back I had to have my PCM replaced under warranty and the dealership forgot step two--to reflash or reload the requisite software to get certain functions to work. I noted that my overhead lights were not working as before, so this could be your issue.

Quick Reply: Interior Light Switch Setting?