Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1with manual transmission help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Anuvat
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.1with manual transmission help.

Hi all, first time posting so please forgive me if this is redundant. I was not able to find an answer to what I was looking for.

I've heard mixed answers regarding the sports chrono on the 997.1tt. Does it make a big difference on a manual car or does it only improve the autos? Does it hold over boost like it does with the tips?

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:37 PM
ElVerde07
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anuvat
Hi all, first time posting so please forgive me if this is redundant. I was not able to find an answer to what I was looking for.

I've heard mixed answers regarding the sports chrono on the 997.1tt. Does it make a big difference on a manual car or does it only improve the autos? Does it hold over boost like it does with the tips?

Thanks for your help.
I drove 6-8 997s before I bought mine, some with and some without the chrono pkg. I have almost exclusively driven the S model, so this may be different for regular Carreras (I'm not entirely sure if the base car had chrono as an option, but assume it did).

I can definitely feel the difference in the butt dyno. I believe this is simply limited to the sharper throttle response and louder exhaust note, so it may not actually be any faster. But it definitely FEELS faster to me.

From what I've read, the chrono package is a definite must on any turbo cars.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:20 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Anuvat

Thanks for your help.
Sport Chrono is a must have option on the turbo because of the over boost feature. Without SC no over boost - doesn't matter if tip or 6sp
Old 09-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Anuvat
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. That answers my question.

Quick Reply: 997.1with manual transmission help.