997 S Project Coming

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Originally Posted by ocmacman
I will need a gas cover, two front calipers and a front left fender and bumper to get started with the exterior bits. I hope to learn a lot doing this project. However I do want to help out an automotive training school as well if they want to help me on this project.
I sold two OEM 997.1 Front Bumpers to DC Automotive - one GT Silver & one Schwartz Black - maybe give them a call. OEM front bumpers are really easy to find and not worth very much. Everyone who puts on a GT3 nose or aftermarket bumper has theirs available for sale and they're a pain to store - bet you can find a good one locally in the RL classifieds for under $200. Finding one in the right shade of blue might be a bit tougher.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:20 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 997 S Project Coming

I was able to get the build sheet on both my P-Cars. The Cayenne and the upcoming Carrera S. Check it out. Nice website.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
CARRERAS-options.pdf (79.0 KB, 394 views)
File Type: pdf
CAYENNE-OPTIONS.pdf (78.8 KB, 180 views)
Old 09-21-2014, 02:27 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
I sold two OEM 997.1 Front Bumpers to DC Automotive - one GT Silver & one Schwartz Black - maybe give them a call. OEM front bumpers are really easy to find and not worth very much. Everyone who puts on a GT3 nose or aftermarket bumper has theirs available for sale and they're a pain to store - bet you can find a good one locally in the RL classifieds for under $200. Finding one in the right shade of blue might be a bit tougher.
Thanks a bunch. I'll check them out. I am selling some SRT 4 parts so doing good on the acquisition of the external bits.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:37 AM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

What's the website you used for the build sheet?
Old 09-21-2014, 09:21 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Yeah, it's color E9 on the build sheet. Which shows Midnight Blue Metallic. It's almost black.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:25 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
What's the website you used for the build sheet?
Use this link but enter your vin where my vin is. Must be all caps.

http://admin.porschedealer.com/repor...AB29996S741367
Old 09-21-2014, 10:23 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks! Very cool.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:09 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Well I am kinda on schedule for the beginning of my project. Just wanted to update everyone. I should be picking up the car by December 24th. I am considering getting a donor car for parts. I have an indy dealer that said he could purchase a car for me via the auctions. I am going for your basic 2006 C2S with tiptronic S. 3.6 or 3.8L will do just fine. I am looking for a service manual that has breakout drawings on how to install fenders, radiators, bumpers etc. I hope to learn a lot about this car before I am done. I have not considered any engines outside of the 2006 model but understand that any 997.1 engine and tranny may work. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:37 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Due to me having a prosthetic left leg...at one time a Tiptronic was the only way I could drive a Porsche.

Tiptronic is 5 gears...
Manual is 6 gears

Manual has so much better acceleration it is night and day. I know this from instructing many 6speed drivers and Tip drivers.

Tiptronic is aweful in a sports car. Long slow gears, no way to rev match on down shifts which is very important in performance driving.

Tiptronic was so sluggish that I considered giving up owning a Porsche and doing track events.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:22 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Well I actually have a prosthetic left leg and a club foot and drive my e39 M5 6 speed like a stole it. I also used to drive a school bus when I was younger which was a multi gear very large vehicle. I have been fortunate to have good use of my prosthetic. I have driven a manual for many years. As I get older and the LA traffic gets worse It does become a bit cumbersome but I have a CS and use that as my daily. I used to have a neon 5 speed as my daily. I did use a tiptronic on an audi a4 that was pretty quick on the shift. My 530i also had a tiptronic that was ok. At this stage in my project putting a manual into a tiptronic car probably won't work.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Jaye Bass
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 125 Posts

Use this link but enter your vin where my vin is. Must be all caps.

http://admin.porschedealer.com/repor...AB29996S741367
Requires a dealer and/or admin login
Old 10-27-2014, 02:32 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Well I actually have a prosthetic left leg and a club foot and drive my e39 M5 6 speed like a stole it. I also used to drive a school bus when I was younger which was a multi gear very large vehicle. I have been fortunate to have good use of my prosthetic. I have driven a manual for many years. As I get older and the LA traffic gets worse It does become a bit cumbersome but I have a CS and use that as my daily. I used to have a neon 5 speed as my daily. I did use a tiptronic on an audi a4 that was pretty quick on the shift. My 530i also had a tiptronic that was ok. At this stage in my project putting a manual into a tiptronic car probably won't work.
I'm a above knee...almost a hip-disservice. I wear a Otto Bock Genium and also ha a C Leg. You? Are you above or below knee?

I tried to push a clutch but there is no muscle to push with..tried using my hip but not enough movement. no thigh muscle and obviously no knee I can move and foot.

You???

Last edited by mdrums; 10-27-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:26 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye Bass
Requires a dealer and/or admin login
Still working, you just need to replace the VIN in the URL with your VIN.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:16 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mdrums
I'm a above knee...almost a hip-disservice. I wear a Otto Bock Genium and also ha a C Leg. You? Are you above or below knee?

I tried to push a clutch but there is no muscle to push with..tried using my hip but not enough movement. no thigh muscle and obviously no knee I can move and foot.

You???
I am a simes BK. Had an ottobock foot once. Use to get all my legs made by SCOPE orthotics in Laguna. They recently were bought by Hanger as the owner sold his company. They made my legs since 1992. Pistoning does occur in the socket with manual, especially if you are in hours traffic.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:53 AM
mdrums
Race Director

I am a simes BK. Had an ottobock foot once. Use to get all my legs made by SCOPE orthotics in Laguna. They recently were bought by Hanger as the owner sold his company. They made my legs since 1992. Pistoning does occur in the socket with manual, especially if you are in hours traffic.
Pistoning sucks for sure and its a huge problem with me due to my amputation. Mine was trauma and I have residual skin left over on the bottom so that blood could flow to what little femur I had left could get blood supply. After everything healed I have asked for a revision but the docs advise against it.

Anyway...cool keep us posted on your project.

Quick Reply: 997 S Project Coming