997.1 Base w/ Non S Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 04:21 PM
JRoz
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 997.1 Base w/ Non S Muffler

Hi Guys,

I have a 997.1 non S C2, and wanted to get the Gundo hack installed. I decided to buy a set of mufflers so that I can keep my OEM set in case I wanted to switch back. The only issue is I bought a pair of S mufflers. I know that the Non S Tips won't fit the S mufflers without an adapter, so I plan to buy a set of S Tips to go with it.

Just need confirmation because I can't seem to find a straight answer.

Will a set of S 997.1 Mufflers with S tips fit on my Non-S car without any type of modification or hassle? If so I plan to send the mufflers to a place like Fister and have them just modify a set of Non S mufflers for me (basically an exchange)

thanks
Jason
Old 09-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Ken968
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure the other guys will chime in but I thought the S and non S mufflers are the same. The difference is between PSE and non PSE. If you have 2 true exit pipes per muffler that's PSE and if you install them they are already "Gundo" so to speak from the factory.

Ken
Old 09-03-2014, 07:27 PM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

s muffler will fit a C2. The problem which you know by now is you need to get an adapter to decrease the diameter for C2 tip. If you're using S tip then there's no problem.

I have same setup as described above.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:30 PM
JRoz
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Perfect, just wanted to confirm. If I'm unable to find some S tips, do you happens to know where to get the adapter for this set up?
Old 09-04-2014, 12:49 AM
spudster
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you are putting the S mufflers on, you'll have to buy some S tips. You won't be able to use use the tips from your non-S mufflers on the S ones because they are a smaller diameter.

If you were going to use your original non-S mufflers and put S tips on them, you would need to use these adapters to increase the size...

http://www.fvd.us/us/en/Porsche-0/-/...Tips_2pc..html
Old 09-04-2014, 01:22 AM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read somewhere (do a search) one can buy an adapter from a smaller diameter (muffler) to a larger diameter (S tip). I think autozone has it.

I wanted to do this since I prefer the oval C2 tips. Never got the chance to switch it.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:03 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

On my previous 997.1 non-S I had to get the adapter to install tips that were from an S. See the link to FVD below for a possible source ($59) if you are going for S tips on a non-S muffler. As Spudster points out though, that won't help OP since there is no adapter to go from the larger S exhaust outlets to the smaller non-S tips on a 997.1. It only works the other way around.

And just to be thorough, this problem doesn't exist between S and non-S 997.2s (except for PSE of course).

http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/-/...Tips_2pc..html

Quick Reply: 997.1 Base w/ Non S Muffler