Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know about Ray Catena Porsche dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 12:39 AM
tbrom
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know about Ray Catena Porsche dealership?

Anyone here done business with Ray Catena in NJ? I'm looking at a car that was sold to an individual that is selling it now and he bought it from Ray Catena a year ago.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2014, 12:58 AM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

I bought a car from them a few years ago. What do you want to know?
Old 08-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Ray Catena Porsche

Ray owns many dealerships, all foreign cars. You will be treated very well and will make sure you learn as much as possible about the car you are interested in.....provided they make money. If money is not an issue enjoy buying your car there. However if getting the lowest price is of great importance, it will be a painful negotiation. They are not looking to be the lowest price. However their service department first class. A truly enjoyable place to take care of your car and you. From a father of a R C salesman.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:31 PM
tbrom
Racer

Originally Posted by BrakingBad
I bought a car from them a few years ago. What do you want to know?
I am just curious how the deal went for you. If they have a good reputation that sort of thing. I'm looking at a car an individual bought from them a year ago. I think it's a little high on price but it's a good car - a C4S with less than 20k miles with sport chrono and PDK and Bose sound, full leather, which I find really nice, and heated and ventilated seats and directional headlights which there are mixed opinions on here but that's what it has and it's a CPO car that is good till mid 2016 - asking price is 68500. Guy hasn't done one thing to the car but drive it 5500 miles since he bought it a year ago. It's ready for a 20k service. Think he mentioned that the battery was going to get replaced under warranty? Anyway - he hasn't had it long enough to have even changed the oil. So I'm curious about the dealer and to know how the car's been maintained. Guy said call them - they'll tell you about the car - didn't think they would but maybe - I'm not clear on when the dealer will give out info like that.

Any light you might shed here would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2014, 04:04 PM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

I bought a 2010 Cayman S from them in 2011. They were a tough nut to crack in negotiations. I made my first offer in August and finally got my price in October. Every employee I spoke with had an Italian last name and an almost cartoonish thick, slick, Jersey accent that made me feel like I was negotiating with the mob (lol). The dealership was nice once I got there. Ray Catena Porsche is part of a larger dealer network of high end cars. They own the local Mercedes, Jag, BMW, Maserati, etc. dealerships and they are all connected. I believe they run a large, shared, and centralized service center nearby that works on all of their brands. I never had an issue with the car I bought and I never had a regret dealing with Ray Catena Porsche. They played their hand as best as they could but in the end time was on my side.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 39 Posts

I have bought several Porsches from there over the past decade. They are a great dealership in both sales and service. I never bought a cpo car so have no experience with buying used. I highly reccommend them.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:20 PM
tbrom
Racer

Makes me feel better - thanks everyone...
Old 08-17-2014, 07:30 PM
yashagrawal
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

RC has excellent service, have purchased new as well as used from them. If you buy a car you will overpay about 5-7K $ or so as compared to some other dealers, but their cars will be in excellent condition and they do a good CPO prep (if CPO car). The service costs are actually reasonable for a high end dealer.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:21 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

We've bought several Porsches and MBs there over the years and they are-- in my opinion-- the best in northern NJ. Service is top notch, and their service facilities are simply superior.

There, now we've beat this horse to death!

Quick Reply: Anyone know about Ray Catena Porsche dealership?