New C4S Intro...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 11:51 PM
gsxr_fvr
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New C4S Intro...

Hey guys,
Been a Long time member, just moving on from a 964 to a 997. I've been active in the 964 section however looks like I'll be spending more time here.
Both cars are weekend warriors..
Here's the 964

& here's the new to me C4S. Got the car bone stock 2 weeks ago. So far H&R springs, Gundo hack, Techart formula 20's 245/325 combo. Love the ride so far.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:13 AM
niner niner seven
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome. Yea I dont know.... That 964 looks spectacular
Old 08-11-2014, 12:15 AM
tbrom
Racer

How do you like the AWD system? I'm thinking about that very thing right now as I am searching for a 997.2. Great looking pair of 911's!
Old 08-11-2014, 12:18 AM
niner niner seven
Racer

Your lowering looks damn good on that 997. So there is zero spacers on those rims? Just wider rims?

I too have .1 4S and your set-up looks so good. I want to keep my OEM 19s but want a stance on spacers that are flush to a .1 4S. (Since that seems cheapest/easiest route).
Old 08-11-2014, 12:30 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 779 Posts

Congrats!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:09 AM
evoq007
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great. Looks like you have the PSE by the exhaust tips. How could you do the gundo hack? Just leaves the valves open?
Old 08-11-2014, 09:54 AM
gsxr_fvr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by niner niner seven
Your lowering looks damn good on that 997. So there is zero spacers on those rims? Just wider rims?
I too have .1 4S and your set-up looks so good. I want to keep my OEM 19s but want a stance on spacers that are flush to a .1 4S. (Since that seems cheapest/easiest route).
Thanks I ve always stuck with H&R springs on my Prior AMG's (had a few) and only added spacers to all my rides even though it costed arm and leg on my 964 since we had to press longer studs but i still went with spacers route. On the 997 though there's no spacers since we ordered correct offset anyways..I'll still be adding 10mm at the rear (If anyone's selling a pair I'll take em)
I run 7mm Front & 21mm spacers on stock rims and the stance is amazing!

Originally Posted by tbrom
How do you like the AWD system? I'm thinking about that very thing right now as I am searching for a 997.2. Great looking pair of 911's!
I love the AWD not to mention it comes with a widebooty which looks amazing!

Originally Posted by SToronto
Congrats!
Thanks

Originally Posted by evoq007
Looks great. Looks like you have the PSE by the exhaust tips. How could you do the gundo hack? Just leaves the valves open?
Well its a little more than the standard Gundo hack..Kinda by passing the whole thing leaving values open all the time.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:54 AM
wardrive
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Love it! Looks like my car.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:10 AM
gsxr_fvr
Burning Brakes

Thanks..

I just purchased Dectane front & rear LED's. My xenon's are always on from the moment I turn on the car as DRL, anyone know a way to turn off the xenon's during daytime..
I know there's a module to run led's as drl but need to know, how to turn off the xenon's??
Old 08-11-2014, 11:25 AM
MY997
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats...best dang color for the 997 ever (LOL...see avatar)...anyway interested in your thoguths on the PSE as I am thinking about getting it for my 997.2 C4S...does it sound pretty aggressive when opened or is it still pretty tame? Mine is a DD and I want more sound but not too crazy...thanks and enjoy!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:34 AM
gsxr_fvr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MY997
Congrats...best dang color for the 997 ever (LOL...see avatar)...anyway interested in your thoguths on the PSE as I am thinking about getting it for my 997.2 C4S...does it sound pretty aggressive when opened or is it still pretty tame? Mine is a DD and I want more sound but not too crazy...thanks and enjoy!
It sounds perfect, my best friend has the Fabspeed exhaust on his and frankly it sounds identical, it's perfect for daily IMO its still not too crazy. We did the same mod on my 964 and that thing is obnoxious.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:37 PM
SIPCAR
Rennlist Member

Beautiful cars..LOVE the 964!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,761 Likes on 4,302 Posts

On 997.1 US cars, with a Durametric pro cable you can go into the electronic modules and change the coding to not have DRLs. I believe if you enable DRLs the only option is to use the primary headlights. You can defeat the DRL feature all-together, then get a current sensing DRL module and hook it up to your LED fog lights and whenever the car is running, it will energize the dogs as a DRL, which should keep you legal in Canada. There is also another option by jumpering a couple wires behind the headlight switch along with a diode and then the front fogs will be energized whenever the switch is in the home position. The issue with this method is that I think it may energizes the rear running lamps too, which you don't want with a DRL as it makes it harder for other drivers to recognize braking during the daytime. I only have personal experience with the DRL module, which I bought from Maxspeed Motorsports.

Originally Posted by gsxr_fvr
Thanks..

I just purchased Dectane front & rear LED's. My xenon's are always on from the moment I turn on the car as DRL, anyone know a way to turn off the xenon's during daytime..
I know there's a module to run led's as drl but need to know, how to turn off the xenon's??
Old 08-11-2014, 03:29 PM
gsxr_fvr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Petza914
On 997.1 US cars, with a Durametric pro cable you can go into the electronic modules and change the coding to not have DRLs. I believe if you enable DRLs the only option is to use the primary headlights. You can defeat the DRL feature all-together, then get a current sensing DRL module and hook it up to your LED fog lights and whenever the car is running, it will energize the dogs as a DRL, which should keep you legal in Canada. There is also another option by jumpering a couple wires behind the headlight switch along with a diode and then the front fogs will be energized whenever the switch is in the home position. The issue with this method is that I think it may energizes the rear running lamps too, which you don't want with a DRL as it makes it harder for other drivers to recognize braking during the daytime. I only have personal experience with the DRL module, which I bought from Maxspeed Motorsports.
Yes i am looking at the DRL module from maxspped as well. My only concern are the Xenon's to be off during days...Where can I get this durametric pro cable and change the coding?
Old 08-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,761 Likes on 4,302 Posts

www.durametric.com but it's expensive so if you don't do a lot of your own work it's better to male friends with someone who has one or take your car to an Indy mechanic who can do this for you one time. You need the Pro cable, not the Enthusiast one in order to make coding changes.

Originally Posted by gsxr_fvr
Yes i am looking at the DRL module from maxspped as well. My only concern are the Xenon's to be off during days...Where can I get this durametric pro cable and change the coding?

Quick Reply: New C4S Intro...