Sponsored by:

Bluetooth & iPad

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 10:10 PM
FI Flyer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth & iPad

Is it possible to connect an iPad to PCM on a 977.2 with Bluetooth?

It is easy (following the instructions in the manual) to connect my iPhone to my car. On the other hand, it seems to be impossible to connect my iPad (which uses the same iOS operating system and the same relevant settings.) When I have tried my iPad did not show up as a discoverable device in the Bluetooth list.

Although I have Porsche navigation installed, I would like to use Waze (a Google-owned navigation system) that provides updated warnings of congestion, speed traps and speed/stoplight cameras. I'd be satisfied with having the Waze audio warnings go through my car's audio system without having the images that are displayed on the iPad but so far neither works.

Have I overlooked something or, if necessary, is there a work-around?
Old 08-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 48 Posts

I swear by WAZE but not sure about having it on an ipad in my car. Would be concerned about it flying around in an accident. Unless you are having something custom built not sure there is anything out there today (I buy Cell accesories as well as tools and electronics for a living) that is going to work.
Good luck. Sorry I can't help, agree it does not make any sense
Old 08-11-2014, 07:41 PM
serf911
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a thread on Bluetooth work around - search tune2air or wma1000, I think

Quick Reply: Bluetooth & iPad