Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing carbon center console with Maritime Blue

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 05:12 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks slick, can't pull that off with black though, it wouldn't make a difference.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoddle
Looks really good. Where did the carbon fiber center console start delaminating?
See pictures below, it's a real shame

Originally Posted by betonred
awesome - i am deciding what color to do mine. car is basalt black.

i was considering doing an accent theme for a roll cage, center console and brakes.

yellow on black looks good but its not my favorite, i was actually thinking of doing a mexico blue or gt3rs green.
GT3RS Greeen would be the bomb!

Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
Now I'm tempted to paint mine white....
Do it! Best 'mod'

Originally Posted by Edgy01
For your interior that was the right thing to do. Sadly, Porsche's history with their carbon fiber supplier is poor so moving to something other than 'carbon fiber' is a much better solution. For your dark interior that splash of blue looks great!
Cheers Dan

Originally Posted by Ynot
Looks slick, can't pull that off with black though, it wouldn't make a difference.
The quality is so good it'll look like 'piano' black, it's fantastic, alternatively do an aluminum look, brighten up the cabin
Attached Images   
Old 08-13-2014, 01:22 AM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bruce, on a scale of 1-10, (say an oil/filter change is at 4) how hard/easy is it to remove that whole center console? Chances of clips breaking? And how much time involved in just the removal or reinstalling alone?
Old 08-13-2014, 01:26 AM
BrakingBad
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

I like it!

Is it possible to get the trim between the shifter and center console in carbon fiber?
Old 08-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
Bruce, on a scale of 1-10, (say an oil/filter change is at 4) how hard/easy is it to remove that whole center console? Chances of clips breaking? And how much time involved in just the removal or reinstalling alone?
With trim I get nervous, one slip and you are out big bucks. I mean I've changed my brakes, pads & discs, so I could probably do it. Anyway I was having a short shift kit installed and the dealer charged me three hours to install both. SSK is lovely, short action, crisp movement.

Originally Posted by BrakingBad
I like it!

Is it possible to get the trim between the shifter and center console in carbon fiber?
I believe you can, check out bumper plugs.com

Quick Reply: Replacing carbon center console with Maritime Blue