Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to upgrade head unit... any last PCM changes I should make before removal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 06:42 PM
fourplates
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default About to upgrade head unit... any last PCM changes I should make before removal?

Hi everyone,

I just picked up a new-to-me 2005 C2 (sport chrono, xenon, bose, power seats) and I'm loving it. I just received a NAV-TV (as part of this eurospeed kit) and Pioneer AVH-4000NEX.

I plan on getting everything professionally installed tomorrow or the following day.

Are there PCM settings anyone would recommend setting before taking the OEM unit out? The eurospeed manual recommends I set the fader to R+4 but the NAV-TV manual recommends a neutral setting. The only change I made myself was to turn off automatic door locking as I found it to be a hassle.

I've been lurking for 6 months and would also like to thank all the contributors to this site, as the information here has been very helpful.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:43 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 190 Posts

Subscribed. Will be in your shoes shortly.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:49 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either fourplates or ngng, what are your plans for the PCM?
Old 07-01-2014, 06:50 PM
fourplates
Intermediate

Haven't decided if I should keep it for resale or sell it via Ebay. I'd assume you're in the market for one? I'm in Dallas.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:14 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by iammulva
Either fourplates or ngng, what are your plans for the PCM?
Gonna sell it
Old 07-01-2014, 07:36 PM
iammulva
Racer

I just got mine repaired, but I'm curious in general about what ppl are doing with their oem pcms when they get replaced. Am curious how much you sell it for. From what I understand, yours will only work with mine if yours is configured the way mine is (i.e. i don't have nav or phone so for yours to work in my car - yours also cannot have nav or phone). I may be wrong about that, but that's my understanding.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:45 PM
PhilD
Pro

Originally Posted by iammulva
From what I understand, yours will only work with mine if yours is configured the way mine is (i.e. i don't have nav or phone so for yours to work in my car - yours also cannot have nav or phone). I may be wrong about that, but that's my understanding.
I think that is all programmable. I turned on the telephone with Durametric on mine for the Dension to work, and all the settings for tel, nav, etc can be programmed.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:02 PM
fourplates
Intermediate

I'll be getting my car back today and I'll take some pics of the final product. Also getting window tint for the Texas summer!

Quick Reply: About to upgrade head unit... any last PCM changes I should make before removal?