Sponsored by:

PASM not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 04:12 AM
Caymansnz
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PASM not working

Took my car in to the local auto electrician as the battery was having problems with cold starts , slow cranking etc.

So rather than drive 250 mile round trip to the Porsche Dealer to repair i went to a local place to get it who had the supplier the battery. They tested the voltage loss and it was under .5 volts but they found the regulator was at fault and replaced it.

They had the battery out of the car charging it and put it back in and as I drove home i noticed the car was riding rough and i hit the pasm switch and nothing came up on the display and the ride would not change

HELP any ideas
Old 06-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

i'd say they screwed something up. you should bite and just do the 250miler. no one knows elec issues like the stealerships. local indys may be able to figure it out once in awhile but for the obscure, "this has never happened to anyone in the history of ever...until me" type problems, the stealer is usu the best bet at diagnosing using the PIWIS and theyre knowledge of the brand.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,154 Likes on 3,923 Posts
Default PASM

Before doing the 250 miler, you might try disconnecting the new battery they installed for a few minutes. Whenever you disconnect the battery, upon reconnection, the car always comes back up with a PSM failure message that usually clears after a few miles of driving. Now this is different than PASM, but maybe one of the modules got confused once it lost and then regained power. Once you do that, it will take a few miles for the ECU to reoptimize so the car may not seem like it's running just right. I would also assume there is a fuse for the PASM system and who knows what they did, but if they hooked the battery up backwards for a second, could have blown a fuse or two or damaged a module. Good luck and let us know what you find out.
The following users liked this post:
tegraphile (04-12-2021)
Old 06-25-2014, 05:03 AM
Caymansnz
Intermediate

Yay went for a longish drive and the ECU has sorted it self out and the tip is a lot livelier changes are snappier and eager to kick down (non Chrono) and the PASM has sorted too
Old 06-30-2014, 12:42 AM
911Steve
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Caymansnz
Yay went for a longish drive and the ECU has sorted it self out and the tip is a lot livelier changes are snappier and eager to kick down (non Chrono) and the PASM has sorted too
Glad it all worked out...
Old 06-30-2014, 06:46 AM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Was the ride full hard or full soft when it first came back?
Old 07-01-2014, 06:58 AM
Caymansnz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sjfehr
Was the ride full hard or full soft when it first came back?
Full hard teeth jarring lol
Old 07-01-2014, 05:55 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Sounds like it was working just right, then! Autocrossers have long complained about PASM going full soft in corners and other shenanigans, even when in sport mode; I wonder if simply unplugging the shocks would set them all full hard and fix those issues?
Old 01-06-2018, 04:09 PM
rgajr
1st Gear

Default PASM not working

I have the same problem! They changed the battery a few weeks ago on my 997.1 CS, I went through the "PASM failure, and PSM failure" proces, but now the PASM doesn´t work, and the car feels full hard, even more than on sport mode I would say. The yellow light on the suspension button does´t turn on either, and I have no recall messages.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,154 Likes on 3,923 Posts

Originally Posted by rgajr
I have the same problem! They changed the battery a few weeks ago on my 997.1 CS, I went through the "PASM failure, and PSM failure" proces, but now the PASM doesn´t work, and the car feels full hard, even more than on sport mode I would say. The yellow light on the suspension button does´t turn on either, and I have no recall messages.
I bet they accidentally unplugged one of the front shock PASM wires when changing the battery. Follow them up from the shocks and go down the connectors.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,413 Likes on 857 Posts

Full hard is the default if the system fails. This is for safety. Say you are high speed tracking or autobahn and the electronics fail...... zero electricity is full hard..... mushy is less safe.

You will get a PASM failure light whenever you disconnect the battery .... but it should go out in less than 1/4 mile of driving.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 04-11-2021, 05:22 PM
Adam Rajna
1st Gear

Originally Posted by rgajr
Hello, the same problem started on my car today.
Now the PASM button doesnt do anything, but pressing the sport button changes the pasm to sport and back on the center screen. But im not sure if it actually changes the damper. It was the first drive after winter and i forgot how soft is soft.
Thanks for anything

Quick Reply: PASM not working