Can't connect my Samsung S4 to bluetooth in my 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 02:33 AM
Dubai Desert Fox
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't connect my Samsung S4 to bluetooth in my 997.2

Hi All,

This is my first post on rennlist so I hope someone out there can help me. I have very recently put myself back in a 911 after several years of the Audi experience. I have bought a 2009 997 4S (PDK transmission) and while I love driving it I have discovered that my phone (Samsung S4) appears not to be compatible with the bluetooth software in the car. A friend was able to pair his iphone but it seems that the Porsche software does not like Android.
Has anyone managed to pair their Android phone and, if so, what did you do.
Perhaps there is an upgrade I can install??
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-29-2014, 10:54 AM
pilfjd
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S Note 3 works fine

I have my S Note 3 paired with PCM. Hands free calling. No music streaming but I rarely have the radio on anyway. :-)
Old 05-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Cbst09
Racer

I also have a 2009 C4S and use a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active phone with no problems with bluetooth connectivity. just turned bluetooth to "on" on my phone and followed the owners manual instructions to pair the phone with the car and works fine
Old 05-29-2014, 11:08 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

You should check the software version on your PCM to make sure it is the latest. You can find out your current version by pressing Source and Info simultaneously. If you only see a "V" for the version, then you are at version 1.0. Later versions show an actual number. The latest version I am aware of is 2.24.

It is my understanding that part of the updates may have included some fixes related to Bluetooth. I don't know if this will help you in this case, but it would be worth a shot. You have to get the dealer to install the updates, it is not something you can do yourself.

I had a version-related thread several months ago on 6speedonline here if you want more info, including what I could find as a list of known bug fixes:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...date-info.html
Old 05-29-2014, 11:39 PM
Bijan
Rennlist Member

Connecting an S4 to a 4S
Make sure the PCM has access to your SIM card, it should be in the phone Bluetooth settings, not familiar with Android. Remote SIM mode should be on.
PCM has old mobile technology built in and just uses your SIM card access to work
Old 05-30-2014, 03:24 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I had a 2010 997 and S4 phone. It had some issues "finding" the car, and then once it got found, it sometimes could not load the phonebook. Then it just failed finding anything, so I deleted the phone from the car and did it all again. Then it worked fine. So maybe it's just one of those keep-on-trying things.

As noted, make sure that your car has the most current PCM software.

FWIW, I now have a 991 and the S4 and sometimes they fail to sync. I can turn off and on the BT on the phone and they'll hook up, or I'll go into the PCM and select the phone from the list (which is easier). I don't think Porsche has got their software quite as robust as some other car manufacturers.

Quick Reply: Can't connect my Samsung S4 to bluetooth in my 997.2