Sponsored by:

Thread color for Sea Blue

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 10:20 PM
danit
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thread color for Sea Blue

In my 97.2 Cab S I have full leather sea blue interior and the exterior is dark blue. The stitching is white thread everywhere except in the gear shift boot where it is blue. Is the white stitching deviated or just the way it comes? The VIN decode doesn't indicate that, but I'm not sure if it would??? Thanks.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:49 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

i don't think its deviated; the stitching should be an off-white grey color. that's what it is in my car (full sea blue leather interior)
Old 04-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Big C
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I looked at a white C4S recently which had a very nice Sea Blue leather interior. Similar to your car, the stitching was white except for the shift boot. I mentioned this to the salesman and we figured the original owner had missed this detail when ordering.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:08 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

How i wish i had full leather sea blue interior. I dont, its a partial interior sea blue leather. Im sure what i have will last a long time but the smell and luxury is such an attractive idea. Though the way i treat my interior it might be good not to have full leather. Just sharing my envy to those who have this full leather....i hope you can share pics brothers.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:37 AM
danit
Advanced

Yep that is the same with the shift boot difference. I'd like to order some leather bits like the door finishers, but don't know how they will actually show up. I guess I'll just call Suncoast.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:16 AM
M3 Defector
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 27 Posts

I can't believe this thread has gotten this far without pictures!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:17 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 'Yachting Blue' leather interior...

Originally Posted by M3 Defector
I can't believe this thread has gotten this far without pictures!
So true!

Originally Posted by danit
In my 97.2 Cab S I have full leather sea blue interior and the exterior is dark blue. The stitching is white thread everywhere except in the gear shift boot where it is blue. Is the white stitching deviated or just the way it comes? The VIN decode doesn't indicate that, but I'm not sure if it would??? Thanks.
If this was a 991 instead of a 997, that would not surprise me. The 'white' stitching is standard from factory in the 'Yachting Blue' leather interior. The leather shifter boot & steering wheel probably come from different vendors. So it doesn't surprise me that any one of those would have 'blue' stitching instead of 'white'. In the 991 blue leather interiors, the steering wheel has a different stitching (Blue) from the rest of the interior (see last two photos below). Personally, I think it's a case of 'Porsche Exclusive' and series production engineering not giving full instructions to their suppliers. It's not the original owner's fault or that anyone missed the detail when ordering the car at their dealer! Whenever you are wondering if deviating stitching is involved, look at the Monroney sticker (window) on the car. Porsche usually doesn't miss charging for that expensive option!

Danit: Could you confirm the stitching color on your factory steering wheel?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images        
Old 04-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Porsche routinely drops the ball on the stitching in that area. Finding the production code has escaped many a deviating thread customer.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:09 PM
997_Toronto
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Porsche routinely drops the ball on the stitching in that area. Finding the production code has escaped many a deviating thread customer.
Maybe it was intentional...to give Porsche owners something to talk about when thoroughly bored
Old 04-14-2014, 09:03 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

blue leather med-grey stitching imo. will take better day light photos in a few days

the crappy flash makes it look brighter then it really is.

Last edited by myw; 04-14-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:08 PM
danit
Advanced

Oh yeah Z356. That is the same as 997 as your car. The steering wheel has blue stitches. I must say very nice car too. Funny that the Boxster I had was all blue.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:14 PM
danit
Advanced

I finally found the answer to this question after ordering the leather door finishers. Standard stitching with sea blue is a slightly lighter blue thread. Evidently my car has deviated stitching in white and deviated stitching does NOT show up on a VIN lookup for options. Needless to say I have a pair of leather door finishers for sale at a significant discount from Suncoast in sea blue for a cab. I would even install them, but there are not too many of those out there so my takers will be zero. You think you do your homework...

Quick Reply: Thread color for Sea Blue