Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring Diagram A/C Center Vent Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 12:49 PM
bpossel
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wiring Diagram A/C Center Vent Lights?

Hello,

Can someone please tell me the correct wiring setup for the A/C Center vent lights? I am in the process of replacing the center vent on my '05 997 with a new vent, and it requires installing 2 new small connectors for the lights. Porsche made changes to the connectors, so new plugs are required for the lights.

There are 2 pairs of wires for the lights (brown and grey/red). The new plug connectors are labeled 1 & 2.

Right now I have the grey/red wires connected to #1, and the brown wires to #2.

With this setup, the small lights on the center vent dont work. I dont want to make any changes until I know how to redo the connectors, as the connectors/wires are very fragile.

Thanks!
Bob

Last edited by bpossel; 04-12-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-12-2014, 07:48 PM
bpossel
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi All,

Thanks, but I got it working!

On the right side grey/white connects to #1 and brown to #2.
On the left side grey/white connects to #2 and brown to #1.

All works great!
Thank you,
Bob

Originally Posted by bpossel
Hello,

Can someone please tell me the correct wiring setup for the A/C Center vent lights? I am in the process of replacing the center vent on my '05 997 with a new vent, and it requires installing 2 new small connectors for the lights. Porsche made changes to the connectors, so new plugs are required for the lights.

There are 2 pairs of wires for the lights (brown and grey/red). The new plug connectors are labeled 1 & 2.

Right now I have the grey/red wires connected to #1, and the brown wires to #2.

With this setup, the small lights on the center vent dont work. I dont want to make any changes until I know how to redo the connectors, as the connectors/wires are very fragile.

Thanks!
Bob

Quick Reply: Wiring Diagram A/C Center Vent Lights?