Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 dashboard replacement - easy or brutal job?

Old 02-12-2019, 10:02 AM
alexl911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Resurrecting this thread... has anyone have an recent experience with this? I'm looking for a 997 but really want the leather dash and wondering if I can swap them at a later date.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:42 PM
911-targa4s
Addict
Rennlist Member

I pulled mine out and then put it back. A zillion steps and screws. Take your time and take lots of pictures. Not bad if you are mechanically inclined. The hardest part is following the steps in the manual and not jumping around. Has to go in a sequence.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:55 PM
Ben Z
User

Exactly, it's tedious but not rocket science. Two problems are the possiblity of snapping off plastic tabs and retainers which have become brittle with age and heat; and getting it back together without creating any rattles or squeaks. So far my dash is quiet, so I'm hoping never to have to remove it. Definitely I would not do it just for cosmetic reasons, but YMMV. The one time I was involved with this was for someone who wanted all the foam replaced in the AC system. I decided mine works good enough with the foam gone so I'm leaving that sleeping dog lie.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:53 PM
groovzilla
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

The dash is secured by 2 snaps - It's a 2 minute job.
.......Just kidding - removing/replacing dash is probably one of the most time consuming PITA's. My hat is off to you if you decide to go forward and take on the job!!
Post photos plz so we can help you put the puzzle back together

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 997.2 dashboard replacement - easy or brutal job?

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: