Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pdk character

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 03:07 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 240 Posts

I tried it today during my morning commute a couple of times in Sports mode and Normal. Every time I got an immediate downshift.
There's really something wrong with your PDK. This behavior is similar to the semi-auto in my 1974 Citroen DS where you need a certain RPM to have the automatic clutch engage but I would not expect this on a late model Carrera
Old 01-31-2014, 07:42 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

All this is actually good as in all probability the pdk needs a software update. Adias and mike thanks for the driving tips. But in all probability my foot would have been on the brakes when i did the downshift.
Hatzen, thanks for trying it out. As i mentioned, the pdk might just be needing a software update. Its been performing very well except on the situation described... Car has an appointment today. Will keep all posted.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:46 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
stronbl, you are right, the speed is increasing due to the incline of the road. the release happens when the downshift is iniitated.
hi Mike, maybe the car is not made for us ordinary drivers and being too light on them brings out the nuisance. your a lot better driver of porsches than i am, for sure, and maybe the car is better suited to your style. Nevertheless, i was hoping some of our brothers would chime in and maybe share their experiences.
i have brought the issue to my dealer and the car has an appointment to check the pdk software for any errors reported and if there is a new software to upgrade the system
Our porsches are of course the best driving experiences around for us ordinary drivers, and as i can see the experts.
On the street I wouldn't say I am or any of us is better than the other. That is nowhere what my reply was about.

Your multitude of car issues don't have anything to do with who drives better than the other person. As you say..."the nuances of the car"....well those are brought out on a race track by highly skilled drivers at the limit of the car....but all the little ticks, noises, feelings, looks issues you've had with you car is way more than I would ever put up with in a car. Again I suggest you sell it...(it has to drive you crazy)...and get a different car.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:04 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

thanks for the concern bro but it actually does the opposite for me as it relieves me of my stress at work and business.
in any event, upgrade has just been done and the car is a new car!!! hahaha. everything seems to be smoother and more refined at slow drives yet when i give it a whack, 6th to 3rd is so seemless. its a changed car it tell you. the dealer said my car has been running on the original software which explains the "comfort" problem. an extra is the transmission is now quiet. yes its quiet. previous to the upgrade there have been thunks and clunking noises on engagement whihc i thought were normal drivetrain noises on a performance car.. guess what they werent. i am in love again…
this is what im talking about mike, finding something, no matter how minor, diagnose, getting it done, and enjoying the the car. that for me is being one with my car.
i still need to go back and do the mountain run. will do it soon and share.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:12 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

and i hope you dont take offense mike, just saying our different driving styles might be the one that is bringing out my car's nuances as some have indicated. and i hope one day i will have the opportunity to get some driving tips from you and others who really instruct how to drive our porsche the way they should be driven cheers bro
Old 02-01-2014, 12:34 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
and i hope you dont take offense mike, just saying our different driving styles might be the one that is bringing out my car's nuances as some have indicated. and i hope one day i will have the opportunity to get some driving tips from you and others who really instruct how to drive our porsche the way they should be driven cheers bro
Nope, no offense taken here...we all have a lot in common reguardless...

Quick Reply: pdk character