Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used Car Fraud

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:05 AM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NY Times article on Sandy cars bought by IAAI. Sandy wasn't their first rodeo.

For the hurricane, the company dispatched 400 tow trucks to the area and leased huge holding facilities even before the storm hit. One of those was an airport in Calverton, on Long Island, where the runways were leased at a rate of $2.7 million for the year, according to Sean M. Walter, the town supervisor of nearby Riverhead. Since the storm, about 18,000 cars have packed the tarmac end to end, he said. “When you sit there and look at these cars with their children’s seats in them and the briefcases and the uneaten lunches — it’s just surreal,” Mr. Walter said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/ny...yers.html?_r=0
Old 01-13-2014, 01:44 AM
Vape NYC
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a dealer in Ct. I was talking to around the sumer time. He had 2 very nice (one just a few thousand miles) Porsche's that he advertised but when you called him he was very clear on the origin of the car (Sandy). They explained they cherry picked only the cars that might have gotten wet carpet only, and new exactly what was replaced in each car. I actually thought about it until I started reading about the possible problems that could happen later. Funny thing is the prices were not amazing. For what they paid these cars should have been better deals.

Quick Reply: Used Car Fraud