Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Any advice on how to give a 997 GTS 4 an aggressive GT3 look? (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/786041-any-advice-on-how-to-give-a-997-gts-4-an-aggressive-gt3-look.html)

djskimo 11-13-2013 01:46 AM

Any advice on how to give a 997 GTS 4 an aggressive GT3 look?

Hello,

Super excited about a 997 GTS 4 about to receive. This is my first p car, and I have really been a big fan of the GT3 look. Mainly the large back wing, contrast colored wheels/mirror/breaks/etc.

The GTS 4 has a wide body, and is about 20mm lowered and the wheels are black. So that's a start, I guess.

Any recommendations on where to get an aggressive kit / parts without breaking the bank? Doesn't need to be a GT3 replica, just that general style. Must be a "bolt on" as this is a lease and must be returned to original when done.

Thank you!

mxp 11-13-2013 09:50 AM

sell me your gts front bumper and buy an oem gt3 one :)

malexgcab 11-13-2013 09:50 AM

No insult intended but everything relating to Porsche is expensive.

beden1 11-13-2013 09:52 AM

Just my opinion as it's your car to do with what you please, but the GTS looks and is a great car as is. Why try to make it look like something it's not?

P0rsch3F113 11-13-2013 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by beden1 (Post 10902091)
Just my opinion as it's your car to do with what you please, but the GTS looks and is a great car as is. Why try to make it look like something it's not?

+ 1. Don't do it.

PasPar2 11-13-2013 10:28 AM

+997, dont.

Little Green 11-13-2013 10:51 AM

Most aftermarket wings are bolt on. Easy enough to buy one and have it painted to match. Should take all of 30 minutes to swap out the rear deck for a GT3 style rear deck. The dash will alert you that their is a spoiler malfunction when you hit whatever speed(mid 70's) it goes up. Your dealer can shut off the function.
I would add a front lip spoiler as well which evens out the look without replacing the entire front end.
It's your car so do what works for you. I added a wing and lip spoiler onto mine as I just think the 911 looks better with a spoiler (grew up on those 80's whale tail cars). I am not trying to make it look like anything other than what I like. I kept my OE rear deck and can swap it out in 20 minutes when I go to trade in. I also have kids so a GT3 does not work for me.
I would not under any circumstance add GT3 graphics or nameplate on it.
I get the purists on here that keep their car perfectly stock except for the side marker but it's your car, enjoy it in good health.

Alan C. 11-13-2013 11:26 AM

I put a factory aero kit on my 09 S. It wasnt cheap but the fit was perfect. On the GTS I've opted for wheels, seats, red gage faces and belts for personalization.

2K7TTMIA 11-13-2013 11:38 AM

OEM Aerokit items or those available from Techart, Mashaw, Getty, Werks 1, etc....can give the GTS an aggressive look. There are a few RL'rs here that have done so with nice results. There is a plain white 997S in my area that has a center exhaust rear bumper installed (no wing or other GT3 look alike items) and it was subtle and definitely "non-standard".

IMO, you should keep the original items so you can convert back to stock if and when it comes time to sell. A modded GTS will be harder to sell than a "stock" one. You'll NEVER get your money back from the mods.

gcurnew 11-13-2013 11:55 AM

Yes, the OEM Aerokit will do the trick (see photo at left) :-)

jhbrennan 11-13-2013 12:27 PM

OEM aero kit looks great. He already knows he has to keep his parts and return to stock since the car is a lease car.

GSIRM3 11-13-2013 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by beden1 (Post 10902091)

I agree.

carbonGT 11-13-2013 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by jhbrennan (Post 10902462)
OEM aero kit looks great. He already knows he has to keep his parts and return to stock since the car is a lease car.

Good if he's keeping the original parts. I think GTS is already nice. Just like all standard 911, the silhouette is just so beautiful. I'm keeping my GTS as it is. White/black with red belts and gauge.

utkinpol 11-13-2013 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by djskimo (Post 10901725)
Hello,

I have really been a big fan of the GT3 look. Mainly the large back wing, contrast colored wheels/mirror/breaks/etc.

The GTS 4 has a wide body, and is about 20mm lowered and the wheels are black. So that's a start, I guess.

Thank you!

recommendation will be to drive your usual routes and explore what long protruding front bumper really means in city traffic.

gt3 bumper with lip sits about as high from the ground as a pack of Marlboro. that is why it is a typical option to order gt3 with an axle lift system in front.

wing is not needed on the street and not needed on track unless you tune your car for it an utilize cup car wing and front to properly balance downforce. you will be much better on the street with no extra attention parts.

sameerg 11-13-2013 04:53 PM

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...arage-126.html

Check out the C4 GTS on this page. Pretty nice looking aggressive car.