Rear Tail Light Torque Screws?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 10:12 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,653 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by IslandS52
If all these missing taillight torx screws are being lost because you (like me) are a clumsy oaf and managed to drop it down the little crevice and into the rear bumper...I have found that if you pull gently on the rear bottom of the bumper cover and flex it out a bit, the screw falls out the bottom.
Dhooo! I lost two of 'em into the bumper abyss. I am going out tomorrow and give it try. I ordered four or five just to be safe... I forget from where... I think the dealer... but now I have a few on hand. I get a bunch of door panel snaps too.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 02-08-2016, 10:22 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just took one of the remaining screws to the local Ace hardware and bought 4 stainless pan-allen head bolts and washers.

I'll have to try your trick, IslandS52. I never did find the 1 lost bolt/washer.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:49 PM
archfarseer
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for that great tip about pulling the bumper! I will try it tonight. Although I think after the last few track days' worth of vibrations they are long gone.
Background: I noticed one was missing during a pre-track day look-through, so to be on the safer side, I drove to O'Reilly and tried to find a replacement. When the salesperson unscrewed one of the Torx to try to measure the dimensions, he dropped it into the crevice. So hence two are missing.
He at least gave me 2 m6 hex bolts for free, so currently for the 4 Torx holes, I have 2 Torx screws with washers and 2 hex bolts with washers.
If that's not going to be a problem, then I can stop right here. If it is a problem, I will need to continue to look for the right Torx bolts :/
Old 02-10-2016, 05:20 AM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

**** I just lost these tonight and was so about to quit drugs........on the upside I cleaned behind the lens good god it was nasty and two, I didn't have to quit drugs.
Old 01-09-2022, 04:43 PM
Jiho Song
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is absolutely no need to order authentic Porsche parts. I went to a local hardware store and found machine screws that were a perfect fit for 0.50 cents each. There is very little risk of stripping the housing. Just pick the right size. They don’t have torx but Philips head is just fine

Quick Reply: Rear Tail Light Torque Screws?