Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 C2S market prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Robocop305
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 275 Posts

He probably gave a good down payment and I think that he was paying around $1,500 a month. He could have easily sold it for more, but he hooked a brother up!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome deal Robo!!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:50 AM
markk132
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

thats a tremendous deal Robo, can't imagine anybody has ever done better. thats the exact scenario i imagined being perfect for me, but again, its just so ridiculous to wait out for something like that. thats just something that has to fall into your lap. good for you, enjoy it!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:54 AM
87turbo911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! Awesome deal! I'm jealous (but in a good way)!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:04 AM
php
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

There's no way one can find a nice condition, low mileage gen 2 C2S for $50k at the moment, unless you find something like Robo. I just bought my car, which is a base, for $54k. Yes it's CPO, but even if not, for a low mileage good condition base you will still be looking at low $50s. I don't think I got a killer deal, but I don't think I got ripped off either.

There was an 09 C2S CPO that was going for $58k earlier (Porsche CT), and that was a great deal. I almost pulled the trigger, but before I did someone jumped on it. That's probably the lowest price for a CPO C2S now, most of them still in the low $60s. If not CPO, you might be able to find some in the mid to high $50s, but certainly not $50k at the moment.

If you're patient, I would wait another 2 months for year end. Who knows if prices might drop some more, and plus dealers will be more willing to discount and sell cars to get their bonuses. My brain told me that was the best thing to do, but in my case I just didn't want to wait much longer so I pulled the trigger. Stupid me
Old 10-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Robocop305
P.S. If the lessee pay off the car directly from Porsche they will charge taxes. Then you would have to pay taxes again once you purchase it from your friend. The best way is to do the transaction at the dealer in order to pay the taxes once.
The way taxes are dealt with may be statutory. I don't know if you are right or wrong about PFS charging tax but in my case, which was August of 2011, they did not when I bought out my lease. (And if PFS does include tax, it adds another layer of complication as each state and locality (at least in CA) has a different tax rate). In California if you buy out your lease, or buy any used car, tax is paid at the time of registration so if you go to register your newly bought out leased car DMV will require a payment. But in California we have something called a 10 day rule. Basically, if you purchase your car off lease and sell it within 10 days you do not have to pay tax on the buyout (imagine that CA NOT double taxing!). Of course, if you make a profit it is upon your honor that you report it to the state so they can take their share (the Beast needs to be fed). Well, at least this is my particular experience after spending too much time on the phone with PFS and CA DMV figuring all this out.

As a caveat, I sold my car to someone in a different state and he had a difficult time registering it. I think that they actually accused him of trying to perpetrate a fraud at one point. In the end, I think he had to take a day off from work and have his state's DMV actually call CA DMV to straighten out the entire situation.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:53 AM
markk132
Instructor

Originally Posted by php
There's no way one can find a nice condition, low mileage gen 2 C2S for $50k at the moment, unless you find something like Robo. I just bought my car, which is a base, for $54k. Yes it's CPO, but even if not, for a low mileage good condition base you will still be looking at low $50s. I don't think I got a killer deal, but I don't think I got ripped off either.

There was an 09 C2S CPO that was going for $58k earlier (Porsche CT), and that was a great deal. I almost pulled the trigger, but before I did someone jumped on it. That's probably the lowest price for a CPO C2S now, most of them still in the low $60s. If not CPO, you might be able to find some in the mid to high $50s, but certainly not $50k at the moment.

If you're patient, I would wait another 2 months for year end. Who knows if prices might drop some more, and plus dealers will be more willing to discount and sell cars to get their bonuses. My brain told me that was the best thing to do, but in my case I just didn't want to wait much longer so I pulled the trigger. Stupid me
what do you mean by base? all i really care for is navigation and PDK, and it seems like almost all of them have navigation. I've come across very few if any cars that don't have the navigation module. actually i guess i want Sport Chrono as well. but what exactly is base?

That '09 CPO in CT is the same car i talked about in my original post i believe. Atlas Gray with a 6 speed at Porsche of Fairfield? I was there when they had first listed it for $68k and i noticed online it went as low as $58k before it disappeared. We're probably talking about the same car.

Also, not sure what everyone considers low mileage. Is 30k low mileage? for a 2009 Honda Accord, yes thats low mileage. but for a 2009 Porsche 911, i wouldn't say thats too low. And i'm certainly ok with 30k miles.

I will continue to wait and be patient especially as we approach November and December. Thanks for your input, php, you're the exact type of person i'm looking for feedback from, a recent buyer. I appreciate it.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:59 PM
tommy618
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drove the Atlas Gray S at Fairfield. Solid car but had hundreds of little rock chips on the paint. Almost bought it when it was at $61k. I think $58k is a great price for that car, especially CPO. FYI, I ended buying a 997.2 Targa in Jersey about 2 months ago.

IMO, under 5k miles a year I would consider as low miles. So for 2009, under 20k miles.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:39 PM
G356
Advanced

I've been helping a friend look for a 997.2. The "great deals" we've encountered had overspray or evidence of an accident. Don't believe what the seller tells you. There were several CPO cars that we saw that had evidence of significant repairs and the salespersons acted surprised when it was pointed out to them.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:10 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

more data points: when I was looking (december 2012-april 2013) The 3 lowest priced 09c2s cars were a) a meteor on black car with some good options (PDK/Sport Chrono/nav) for 55.5K with cpo from a private seller but had 53k miles. b) a dark blue on black no options car with 47k miles and no service history from a no name dealer in GA for 54k. c) white on black incredibly loaded car (buckets/carbon/red seat belts) with 2 accidents on carfax and no service history and no way to PPI for 49k with 33k miles.

50k 09c2s cars ARE out there. Can you live with 50k miles or a spotty history?
Old 10-11-2013, 06:39 PM
markk132
Instructor

Originally Posted by PasPar2
more data points: when I was looking (december 2012-april 2013) The 3 lowest priced 09c2s cars were a) a meteor on black car with some good options (PDK/Sport Chrono/nav) for 55.5K with cpo from a private seller but had 53k miles. b) a dark blue on black no options car with 47k miles and no service history from a no name dealer in GA for 54k. c) white on black incredibly loaded car (buckets/carbon/red seat belts) with 2 accidents on carfax and no service history and no way to PPI for 49k with 33k miles.

50k 09c2s cars ARE out there. Can you live with 50k miles or a spotty history?
thats a great question you posed at the end. to be honest, i don't like high miles, but i can certainly live with a less than perfect car. I think the whole "babied" car thing is a little overrated, and the truth of the matter is, nobody notices your car's little nicks and scratches except you. I can live with it, plus a great detail can fix almost anything. These cars are built to last for 200k+ miles, there isn't any real irreversible harm that can be done in the first 20k miles by the first owner (unless he took a hammer to the engine or something). so, for me at least, the car doesn't need to be perfect, as long as its nothing crazy like a salvage title or water damaged or something like that. i'd certainly love to fall into a gem of a vehicle thats nearly brand new inside and out, but i can live with it actually looking used after a thorough inspection. I'm pretty good at making my cars look brand new to everyone that sees them, and of course i meticulously take care of them mechanically.

and thanks for the data points, great information there!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by markk132
what do you mean by base? all i really care for is navigation and PDK, and it seems like almost all of them have navigation.
I think he meant non-S.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:29 PM
G356
Advanced

If it's too good to be true - pass on it. Almost every car we saw at low prices had some sort of issue.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:08 AM
mattyf
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by G356
If it's too good to be true - pass on it. Almost every car we saw at low prices had some sort of issue.
^ This is exactly what I noticed when I was looking. If you decide to go for one of those cars I would have it looked at very closely (PPI and paint meter).
Old 10-12-2013, 04:08 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 856 Likes on 469 Posts

Deals are out there....just will depend on what you're willing to accept. I got an '09 C4S (with all the options I wanted but higher mileage 30k ish) in 8/2011 on trade for a 09 CS (in an unusual color and few options that I got at $20k off MSRP new). While some may say I am crazy..the C4S has been a better car than the 09 CS and I've been very happy with it. Had every option I wanted and haven't had an issue yet in 24 yrs of ownership. Am around 40k mileage wise now so I'd also not let the low vs high miles argument sway you much. These cars much like any are meant to be driven...just you want to KNOW how it was done and that it was taken care of properly and responsibly. Jeez guys they're not Ferrari's or something where you see 2k on the odometer per year...mostly cause much more put them in the shop more than most owners like.

My advice...get the car you want and drive it....was at my dealership 2 days ago and yeah you're not likely to see a $50k 997.2 anytime soon unless you add maybe $8-12k to your budget for a good CPO car. A 997.1 is another option. Had one and no issues...not even IMS...have seen those at sub $50k regularly. You MAY find a lucky sell like others have mentioned...but as you can see they are few and far in between....Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2009 C2S market prices