Sponsored by:

PCM Navigation Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 02:20 PM
blitz928
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCM Navigation Problem

I recently acquired a mid 2006 997S Cab. Everything works great in the head unit, Sound system, etc. The navigation, However does not.

It has what appears to be current, software.

The problem is...it appears to be stuck on the Previous owner's location in San Diego. It doesn't update location on the map.
I, unfortunately, am in Florida.

I checked to software and it shows a fault triangle for the amplifier??

Any ideas of where to start? I've heard incorrect amplifiers causing issues. But I have working audio?

Do I just need the update CDs, to correct the problem?

Here's the pictures...
Attached Images      
Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

You need to go to the nav screen and see if it is pick up any satellites. Bottom of one of the screens show how many sats it is picking up. Could be a lose antenna connection or bad antenna.
You have to be careful with some of the software updates. There was one that would brick the amp if done wrong. Previous owner could have done a bad update.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:19 PM
blitz928
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by function12
You need to go to the nav screen and see if it is pick up any satellites. Bottom of one of the screens show how many sats it is picking up. Could be a lose antenna connection or bad antenna.
You have to be careful with some of the software updates. There was one that would brick the amp if done wrong. Previous owner could have done a bad update.
Looks like I found it!! The GPS antenna was unplugged!! I'll report back if it fully fixes the problem.

Quick Reply: PCM Navigation Problem