Sponsored by:

Jaguar F Type

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
I think it's a great looking car and would consider it as an alternative. The Porsche pricing increases, especially for options, have left me looking elsewhere for my next car in a year or two without a doubt.
You have a 997S, why would you want to replace it?
Old 07-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

It certainly has my interest. I think it's a cool car. I've yet to drive one or even see one in person, so whether I'd actually consider buying one or not is another question. I've not even driven the 991 yet, I'm very satisfied with my car.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Wad
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depreciation??? You're not serious??? Other than Ferarri, Jaguar holds value better than most! Just check out first year E-Type jaguars which are the direct predecessor of the F-Type. They sell for tens of thousands of dollars!!!! and the D-Types even more$$$$...

I can understand the fear of Porsche owners with this new cat on the prowl!!! Dealers can't even keep a good selection in stock and you can see how they outperform their class and even cars that cost much more without paying through the nose for every little option like on the Porsche's and cost of ownership??? Much lower than a Porsche, Mazerati, R8, Aston Martin, etc...

Wait a couple of years if you want to live like bargain basement shopper... hehe!

I love ours nad it rides much better than the 911 and smokes it for $20,000+ less!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Wad
5th Gear

Not an Audi engine! Pure jaguar!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:16 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

What is up Troll, Jaguar resale is terrible, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Nice first post. I like the Jag, maybe this one will hold its value, but until now they have not.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Canyonrs4
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I drove one and it is a hoot, the exhaust note on the V-8 is a real ear to ear grin... resale history on Jags is a real deterrent, so I bought the 997.2.... a jag is just not a Porsche, once you drive one you are infected, my first was a '65 356 SC, then a '72 911T, wish I still had both...
Old 09-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Canyonrs4
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=Wad;10754888]Depreciation??? You're not serious??? Other than Ferarri, Jaguar holds value better than most! Just check out first year E-Type jaguars which are the direct predecessor of the F-Type. They sell for tens of thousands of dollars!!!! and the D-Types even more$$$$...

I can understand the fear of Porsche owners with this new cat on the prowl!!! Dealers can't even keep a good selection in stock and you can see how they outperform their class and even cars that cost much more without paying through the nose for every little option like on the Porsche's and cost of ownership??? Much lower than a Porsche, Mazerati, R8, Aston Martin, etc...

LOL, I just sold a 72 V-12 E-type... offers were in the basement, cost to maintain was high, it had a great look factor but.... nothing compares to the P-car.

My dealer has 9 F-Types on the lot and can't move them... what color do you want, I will be happy to broker a deal...
Old 09-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Wad
5th Gear

Look, I like Porsche and owned several and Jag, Ferrari, Pantera, etc... BTW, I am not a troll, just a car guy that happened upon this thread and disappointed by the mis-information. Exactly how many cars should your dealer have? 1? 2? What happens when they sell it? They have to wait for another berfore they can sell? Seriously?? LOL, too funny! By the way, my Porsche dealer has many cars in stock too, thank God! That's what dealers do! 8 cars out of 250 is not much in my humble opinion...

When I was the Jaguar dealer, Porcsche had a team out from Germany there for the whole time I was there and I overheard what they were saying to each other about it and it was all good! Think what you like but Jaguar was the first production car to break 120mph, 150mph and was the E-Type was called the most beautiful car in the world by Enzo Ferrari!

My dealer also had 8 in stock, a couple from each configuration and I didn't feel that it was a lot compared to the other 200+ Jaguars there... When I went back a week later, the ones i saw were already sold! Read the Wall Street Journal's article warning Porsche about the F-Type, a real eye opener!

Like i said, I like Porsche and many others but no reason to down talk a winner...

But thank you for the warm welcome Cheers!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:25 AM
Wad
5th Gear

Correction: When I was at the Jaguar dealer not when I was a Jaguar dealer. Type too fast and too sloppy lol
Old 09-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Wad
5th Gear

I want that 72 V-12 E-type!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:10 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

The F-Type is pretty, but by no means "smokes" the 911.
Many many fine drivers and magazines have continually put the 911 above the F-Type as the superior vehicle. MotorTrend just picked a 911 as the best drivers car for the 2nd year in a row with a nice collection of drivers including Randy Pobst whom I personally admire for his driving abilities not this magazine articles. The F-Type wasn't even in the top 3.

Here's what I will say though. The 911 has been going strong for 50 years. The F type is rather new and yet very close to the 911. Porsche better be careful...
Old 09-14-2013, 01:18 AM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wad
Look, I like Porsche and owned several and Jag, Ferrari, Pantera, etc... BTW, I am not a troll, just a car guy that happened upon this thread and disappointed by the mis-information. Exactly how many cars should your dealer have? 1? 2? What happens when they sell it? They have to wait for another berfore they can sell? Seriously?? LOL, too funny! By the way, my Porsche dealer has many cars in stock too, thank God! That's what dealers do! 8 cars out of 250 is not much in my humble opinion...

When I was the Jaguar dealer, Porcsche had a team out from Germany there for the whole time I was there and I overheard what they were saying to each other about it and it was all good! Think what you like but Jaguar was the first production car to break 120mph, 150mph and was the E-Type was called the most beautiful car in the world by Enzo Ferrari!

My dealer also had 8 in stock, a couple from each configuration and I didn't feel that it was a lot compared to the other 200+ Jaguars there... When I went back a week later, the ones i saw were already sold! Read the Wall Street Journal's article warning Porsche about the F-Type, a real eye opener!

Like i said, I like Porsche and many others but no reason to down talk a winner...

But thank you for the warm welcome Cheers!
Porsche sends teams to your Jaguar dealer?

Really?

That's your position?
Old 09-14-2013, 12:18 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Para82
You have a 997S, why would you want to replace it?
I'm not selling right now. I just wanted to opine that the F-type would be on my list for whenever I decide to get my next car.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:12 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

I own and drive a 05 C2S. Drove a friend's new F type. Definitely an improvement in fit and finish. Exhaust note and power I thought were great. Seems a very legitimate competitor to the 991 IMHO
J
Old 09-14-2013, 06:20 PM
RacingJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wad
Think what you like but Jaguar was the first production car to break 120mph, 150mph and was the E-Type was called the most beautiful car in the world by Enzo Ferrari!

Good job living in the past and taking the best examples Jag ever produced. Let's roll into the XJ6, X-type, S-type, XK8. All horrible automobiles in their own right. Jag's history for the past 40 years has been horrible. Even with help from Ford, it didn't help them enough.

Quick Reply: Jaguar F Type