Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I do feel like an though
Old 06-18-2013, 10:15 PM
malexgcab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lozzy,

This is just my opinion, you need to seek legal counsel immediately. Not only are you seeking correction on the 911 but they have your Ferrari. If they have Ferrari title, they can sell your Italian beauty. You must protect both cars at the same time.

Just my 0.2 cents
Old 06-19-2013, 10:49 PM
CTK
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 5 Posts

Consider retaining a CA commercial litigation attorney to write a strong letter asking the dealer to right the wrong by refunding the transaction (essentially, putting the tooth paste back in the tube). The letter should also have a draft compliant attached and the letter should say that if they don't comply (within XX days), then the attached complaint will be filed seeking damages and attorney fees.

BTW, what is PPI?

Good luck.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:41 PM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

PPI = pre purchase inspection. Typically done by an independent expert tech.

To the OP. good luck with your issue. The dealer can and will unwind this deal. How you get them to that point is the challenge. Lots of good suggestions here. Move aggressively, quickly, no equivocation, and with legal representation if needed.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:41 AM
Lozzy997
Racer

It's going very slowly. I've spoken to the salesman, used car sales manager and now the sales manager. They have all spoken to my restorer/detailer (the guy who could have signed me up for $10k worth of work but instead said it wasn't worth it) and their restorer/detailer has also spoken to him. Lots of pictures have been sent. I've created a case with Porsche NA and engaged legal counsel. I'm waiting for their decision. This has been an incredibly unpleasant experience. Thanks for your support and suggestions.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:24 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
It's going very slowly. I've spoken to the salesman, used car sales manager and now the sales manager. They have all spoken to my restorer/detailer (the guy who could have signed me up for $10k worth of work but instead said it wasn't worth it) and their restorer/detailer has also spoken to him. Lots of pictures have been sent. I've created a case with Porsche NA and engaged legal counsel. I'm waiting for their decision. This has been an incredibly unpleasant experience. Thanks for your support and suggestions.
Have you managed to secure your trade-in Ferrari from being sold until you come to some sort of agreement?
Old 06-20-2013, 03:04 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

+1. I would somehow make sure they don't sell the car. I would even go so far as document the current miles (maybe have them take a picture) and ask for it not to be driven. I cant imagine trading an F430 on a 997 but what do I know. I would absolutely LOVE to have a 430. Jealousy is a bad thing......Im jealous
Old 06-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 995 Likes on 528 Posts

Well, you did the right thing by getting the local dealer to give you their findings in writing.

You probably should have at least talked to an attorney and maybe hired them at the first instant trouble was spotted.

I guess you now know why the next time you will have an independent dealer do a pre-purchase inspection on any prospective car.

I really hope that you get this resolved.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:14 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

GL with the resolution. I admire your willingness to share with the community at large re this issue. It's a good lesson learned for all of us and will help re-enforce with our forum members the need to get a PPI. From a financial perspective this type of transaction is enough to purchase a small home/condo in certain parts of the country... in which case it's common practice to get a home inspection. Same thing applies here... and sometimes it's not so much the potential financial impact for some of us as much as it is the time/resource sink hole of a bad transaction that we're all trying to ensure against when we pursue a PPI. Best of luck and keep us posted on the saga.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:34 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

What is the latest on your 430? I hope its sitting in a show room so nobody can take it out for joy rides. I would try to speed this up so there is less chance of them doing something nasty to it. Keep us updated.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Well the sharing has been somewhat cathartic lol.

They have my old car on sale for $130k which is $10k more than they gave me. I guess they are going for a quick sale. They won't take it off the market as they haven't agreed to take my car back (in their mind we are still discussing $'s towards the fix). They've been stalling and "escalating" and supposedly today is the day they give their final opinion on the matter.

My lawyer will be contacting them today.

I'm surprised how arrogant, disingenuous and uncooperative a prestige dealership has been to be honest. There's a thin facade of niceness but it has not been a pleasant experience.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:42 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry if this has already been said, but this saga demonstrates the value of spending a day and a thousand bucks to fly to and personally inspect a prospective purchase. I've done it with my past 2 Porsche purchases, as I would never trust someone else's description of condition, even if in writing. Descriptions are subjective. In one case I flew from LA to northern California to verify, then purchased and drove the car 400 miles back home on the same day. For my current car, I flew from LA to Denver, verified and completed the deal, then had it trucked to LA (it was winter). In the total scheme of things, the cost of verifying is nothing compared to the value of the transaction or the cost of trying to resolve a dispute later.

I sincerely hope the OP gets this problem resolved asap.

Edit: Just saw OP's last post. I've found numerous high end dealerships to be the same way: a facade of niceness, but it disappears instantly when there is a problem. They are in the business of making a lot of money on cars, especially decent used cars. I hope you have a super-aggressive attorney that gets their attention before that F430 is sold.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

I just got an email from Porsche Customer Relations saying "the dealership has informed us your concerns have been addressed".

Wow, just wow. Suffice it to say I called Porsche and told them that couldn't be further from the truth.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Jaws1
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
I just got an email from Porsche Customer Relations saying "the dealership has informed us your concerns have been addressed".

Wow, just wow. Suffice it to say I called Porsche and told them that couldn't be further from the truth.
Unbelievable. I'm shocked that the dealer won't cancel the deal and give your car back. Best of luck.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:04 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaws1
Unbelievable. I'm shocked that the dealer won't cancel the deal and give your car back. Best of luck.
The dealer demonstrated their true colors when they claimed that they did a thorough CPO and weren't aware of any issues.

Dealer intends to do nothing.

OP has choice to engage in litigation or admit he was duped and walk away.

Quick Reply: My poor car