Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

+1 letters
Old 09-12-2013, 08:13 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

+1. Mailed to both, signed with business card attached.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:48 PM
GN2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default +1 for Lozzy

Thanks for the letter. I tweaked it a little to personalize my request on Lozzy's behalf.

Getting mailed today.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Letters for Lozzy.doc (55.0 KB, 187 views)
Old 09-13-2013, 10:04 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

+1. Just got home printed and will mail off.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Good morning Rennlister's. Sorry for the silence, I was in Orlando at a conference with limited access to technology.

In response to my e-mail informing BHP I no longer have a lawyer and asking for $X in compensation they replied this week with an offer mid-way between their initial offer and my counter. The number isn't close to the cost to fix but I am considering it, just to end the unpleasantness. My reasoning is, drive the car for three years with the wrap, at that point the paint won't be so much of an issue, so the diminised value will be less of a concern.

I do have a lawyer in the wings who thinks I have a case.

I am pondering

I think the letter to PCNA is a fantastic idea and thanks to all who participate, regardless of what I decide to do, I think raising awareness of the reality (not rhetoric), and abuses of the "Porsche CPO" program is a very valuable thing to do.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:46 AM
McCrazy
Instructor

Lozzy- good to hear that you have a somewhat reasonable offer from Beverly Hills Porsche now. You have been through a lot and if the offer is reasonable and you take it I don't think any of us would blame you. We just wanted you to fight the good fight on behalf of all Porsche customers.

I am out of country right now and as such will not be mailing any letters for now. If you do the lawyer route on the other hand I will as stated earlier make a contribution on your behalf.

Best of luck.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:40 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

And yet even if you eventually settle with BHP, the collateral damage of BHP has already been done. Nobody here is ever going to buy a car from them. The solution is 8 weeks late and came out of nothing more than desperation and damage control. They never got out in front of the problem, owned it, made a perfect opportunity to make right what could have been a completely honest mistake, and earned some major political capital both here an elsewhere that would have bolstered their reputation as "the place" to buy a new or used Porsche.

Instead, they chose the opposite. Nothing they do now will un-ring the bell. Nothing. At this point their only fix is to fix your personal problem. But the window of making amends and salvaging any last ounce of good posturing to the Porsche community is long over.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:51 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
And yet even if you eventually settle with BHP, the collateral damage of BHP has already been done. Nobody here is ever going to buy a car from them. The solution is 8 weeks late and came out of nothing more than desperation and damage control. They never got out in front of the problem, owned it, made a perfect opportunity to make right what could have been a completely honest mistake, and earned some major political capital both here an elsewhere that would have bolstered their reputation as "the place" to buy a new or used Porsche.

Instead, they chose the opposite. Nothing they do now will un-ring the bell. Nothing. At this point their only fix is to fix your personal problem. But the window of making amends and salvaging any last ounce of good posturing to the Porsche community is long over.
+1.

Love your quote in blue in your signature, by the way. Not wanting this to take a political tangent, but I've always wondered the same thing
Old 09-15-2013, 01:25 PM
gla
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Sent letters to both....shame on them.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow so I hope more than the replied sent out the letters! Any update Lozzy?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I accepted their offer via e-mail but have received nothing but silence in return. Not sure if they changed their mind, will be following up again today. Thanks again guys, the support has been much appreciated. I'm trying to move on and enjoy the car, I took her out for a first real quick run the other day, loads of fun
Old 09-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
I accepted their offer via e-mail but have received nothing but silence in return. Not sure if they changed their mind, will be following up again today. Thanks again guys, the support has been much appreciated. I'm trying to move on and enjoy the car, I took her out for a first real quick run the other day, loads of fun
Of course they don't reply, what do you expect from BHP, what a focking joke of a company. I brought my last Porsche from San Deigo and I'm from Colorado so buying from out of state isn't something I am not afraid of. I've told everyone I know to stay away from BHP. Hope you get what you were promise, at this point. I would not be surprised if they don't reply.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:08 PM
RennlistTomE
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Good luck. You deserve some after dealing with those schmucks.
I think you'll get support, whatever your decision.
BUT if you do decide to sue them...and man would we all love to see you prevail, please start a new thread. Post everything you possibly can, as early as you can, with your lawyer's blessing. It's likely that BHP would settle, but the settlement would contain a non-disclosure clause.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Vancouver-BC
Instructor

Best of luck with BHP. Here's an interesting article written by Dutch Mandel from Autoweek on Porsche's legendary service.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEWS/130919830
Old 09-27-2013, 05:57 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
BUMP

Any update Lozzy???

Did they retract their own offer??? If so, I think BHP may have hit a new low which is really saying something considering their reputation on here was already in the toilet...

Quick Reply: My poor car