Need electrical information about the TPMS system on 2006 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:32 PM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Need electrical information about the TPMS system on 2006 C4S

Folks,

I am running into a strange issue with the TPMS system on my 2006 C4S.
When checking the tires pressure from the dashboard, I only get a reading from my two right wheels.

All sensors are new as I replaced them recently, while changing all four tires.

I started deflating the tires, and noticed the change of pressure on the front and rear right wheels. Somehow, the two left wheels cannot be read and the TPMS system remains in Req'd Mode for the left wheels.

I have not swapped the two front wheels yet, but I am thinking that the antennas or the TPMS module is defective. I am thinking about swapping tow of the front antennas to see if the problem moves on the other side, which would confirm that the antennas are defective. If the problem remains on the left side of the car, then most likely the TPMS control unit has an issue.

I have not been able to find any electrical information on the TPMS unit, and this area seems to have been omitted from the electrical schematic of 2006 models (probably as it was just introduced).

I would appreciate any info that the members of this forum can provide me regarding the electrical wiring, design or experience with similar issues.

My Durametric is reporting a communication error on the TPMS/Dashboard interface. Not very specific, to say the least....

Thanks in advance.
Yves
Old 05-17-2013, 03:45 PM
12iceman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could the batteries in the TPMS sensors in your left wheels be dead? It is my understand that they transmit the tire pressure wirelessly to receivers in the car and every five years or so the batteries die and need to be replaced.

Quick Reply: Need electrical information about the TPMS system on 2006 C4S