Headlight Operation Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
MDClint
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Operation Question

Hello,
I have a question about the headlight functions on a '06 C2S. Right now, when I start the car all of the exterior lights come on (headlights/taillights/side markers) regardless of what position the headlight switch is in and there is no way to turn them off. The interior lights don't come on until the headlight switch is turned to the "on" position. I purchased the car in December and it has been that way since I bought it. I just assumed that it was part of a DRL function that could be changed with Durametic. But I would assume that the taillights wouldn't come on in that case.

I called a dealer and they said that the switch might be bad and they are supposed to call me back about bringing it in. But I wanted to see if anyone on here has experienced anything like this. Because if it's the switch, I can just get one from suncoast for probably less that the dealer will charge me to test it.

Any input you may have will be greatly appreciated,
Clint
Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

PO may have adopted my DIY DRL method. Jumpered seat heat fuse power source side to left and right street/tail/parking lights. Or you may have a Canadian origin Porsche.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:26 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Check your PCM options (under Individual Memory, Light Menu)
If you have sport chrono you can make certain changes.

Last edited by P0rsch3F113; 04-04-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: correction added
Old 04-04-2013, 03:26 PM
MDClint
Track Day

Originally Posted by wwest
PO may have adopted my DIY DRL method. Jumpered seat heat fuse power source side to left and right street/tail/parking lights. Or you may have a Canadian origin Porsche.
Hm. I haven't heard of that but I will look into it.

The car was originally purchased in NY according to Carfax.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:28 PM
MDClint
Track Day

Originally Posted by P0rsch3F113
Check your PCM options (under Individual Memory, Light Menu).
Ok, I will check that also. I looked through that originally but I may have missed that option.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 05:05 PM
MDClint
Track Day

Check your PCM options (under Individual Memory, Light Menu)
If you have sport chrono you can make certain changes.
I do have Sport Chrono. But I don't see an "Individual Memory" option in the menu, or anything regarding lights actually. I'm not saying that this isn't user error though. lol

Thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 PM
P0rsch3F113
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MDClint

I do have Sport Chrono. But I don't see an "Individual Memory" option in the menu, or anything regarding lights actually. I'm not saying that this isn't user error though. lol

Thanks
Sorry.
Navigate to Main Display (pages 27 & 28 in the PCM Manual).
Old 04-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 124 Posts

If you have the Sports Chrono option you can go in and shut off the daytime running lights feature. (I have one key programmed for it to be on, and the other not to). It's a simple process of turning it on or off.

Consult your manual. It spells it out for you. You will find that most dealership won't have a clue what this is about. They don't have the time (nor inclination) to learn the various model differences).
Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by MDClint

Thanks
From the Main PCM screen select Set from the right side verticle buttons. First menu on the screen should have an Individual Settings or Memory selection - drill down one more time any you'll see 4 options the first being lights and select that - then you'll see daytime running lights - turn off. Lights menu selection will be "greyed out" if your moving so do it parked.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:19 PM
MDClint
Track Day

Originally Posted by Edgy01
If you have the Sports Chrono option you can go in and shut off the daytime running lights feature. (I have one key programmed for it to be on, and the other not to). It's a simple process of turning it on or off.

Consult your manual. It spells it out for you. You will find that most dealership won't have a clue what this is about. They don't have the time (nor inclination) to learn the various model differences).
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
From the Main PCM screen select Set from the right side verticle buttons. First menu on the screen should have an Individual Settings or Memory selection - drill down one more time any you'll see 4 options the first being lights and select that - then you'll see daytime running lights - turn off. Lights menu selection will be "greyed out" if your moving so do it parked.
Sorry.
Navigate to Main Display (pages 27 & 28 in the PCM Manual).
Success! I don't have a PCM manual so I didn't know about those options after you press the "set" button. But it was pretty easy once I figured that part out. Thank you all, you saved me a dreaded trip to the dealer. Sorry for the what now feels like a pretty dumb question. lol
Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 PM
SecretAsianMan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really wish there was a way for the "day running lights" feature in sports chrono/pcm to just turn on the fogs and not the headlights.

Quick Reply: Headlight Operation Question