Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum-113/)
-   -   Agency Power titanium exhaust (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/742883-agency-power-titanium-exhaust.html)

Mojo31 02-27-2013 12:13 PM

Agency Power titanium exhaust

Does anyone have any info on this system: http://www.agency-power.com/catalog/...81e20gfkq65ko6

If so, what's the low down - good, bad, indifferent and the nitty gritty?

Spokane5150 02-28-2013 08:49 AM

I'm not sure anyone is running this exhaust on the forum; Suncoast is selling this on their site. So....I think the issue with some of these exhaust systems is drone and excessive noise. Most of the guys with a $100k car are unwilling to submit to the brain damage that comes along with an an obnoxious exhaust system. That said, if you're looking for an inexpensive fantastic sounding mod to your exhaust system then I believe you'll enjoy the Gundo Hack. Otherwise, you can take a chance and buy this system and get back to us with a report on its performance. APR has a nice looking exhaust but I don't think anyone is running it either. There is a lot to choose from like FVD, Akrapovic (Exotic), Fabspeed, AWE and GMP.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...undo-hack.html

coil222 05-13-2013 12:51 AM

So anyone running this yet? I'm itching for one but no one seems to have it. it looks fabulous and doesnt seem like it sounds bad from the you tube video

dianic 05-13-2013 08:05 PM

This is an exhaust from a turbo. And I would stay away from AP products, but that is just me. And some others... Do some research first.

coil222 05-13-2013 08:49 PM

i have a turbo. but i see ive resurrected a post from the non turbo forum.

okbarnett 05-13-2013 09:34 PM

what kind of car is it?

rsabeebe 05-13-2013 10:16 PM

that exhaust looks gorgeous. ya gotta love a titanium exhaust and all the welded sections. i would love to hear that. i'm not sure about spokane's comment that porsche guys aren't into performance exhausts on their $100k cars. first, 997s are no longer $100k cars and porsche guys have always been performance minded, at least the core group. hopefully, the porsche enthusiasts will always be performance and mod driven.

gpjli2 05-14-2013 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by rsabeebe (Post 10459818)
that exhaust looks gorgeous. ya gotta love a titanium exhaust and all the welded sections. i would love to hear that. i'm not sure about spokane's comment that porsche guys aren't into performance exhausts on their $100k cars. first, 997s are no longer $100k cars and porsche guys have always been performance minded, at least the core group. hopefully, the porsche enthusiasts will always be performance and mod driven.

Nothing ruins a great ride like an obnoxious droning exhaust. Has nothing to do with sport once you get past about 12 years old. There are mods that make you smile and mods that suck the joy out of driving. I'd be cautious about a light wt Ti exhaust by a little known manu for the street.

Edgy01 05-14-2013 08:28 PM

I've found the tensile strength of titanium to be significantly less than steel or stainless steel so unless this system is well engineered (with sufficient thickness where it counts) you may wind up with fractures in a short amount of time in critical areas. Titanium is nice--but only when engineered by the right brains and welded by the right hands.

rsabeebe 05-14-2013 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by gpjli2 (Post 10461383)
Nothing ruins a great ride like an obnoxious droning exhaust. Has nothing to do with sport once you get past about 12 years old. There are mods that make you smile and mods that suck the joy out of driving. I'd be cautious about a light wt Ti exhaust by a little known manu for the street.

curious why you quoted me with this reply. how do you know the system drones? what does 'has nothing to do with sport after 12 years' even mean? you don't sound like a 'sport exhaust' kinda guy. that's cool, but many of us prefer and love them.

MichaelL 05-15-2013 04:08 PM

The opinions posted on this thread, so far, have validity in general, but are not based on any actual facts regarding the AP titanium exhaust. Report from actual user?

gpjli2 05-15-2013 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by rsabeebe (Post 10462563)
curious why you quoted me with this reply. how do you know the system drones? what does 'has nothing to do with sport after 12 years' even mean? you don't sound like a 'sport exhaust' kinda guy. that's cool, but many of us prefer and love them.

Actually I'm a full AWE system guy for the past 6 years. With GT3 throttle body. And Champion wheels. And Revo ICU upgrade. And some other stuff. Not sure what you don't get about my response or who the "us" is or why you would think that louder is sportier. Or faster.

rsabeebe 05-15-2013 06:05 PM

you guys that want to argue meaningless points on a car forum crack me up. why not just make your droning comment on your own? i didn't mention anything about it being a beautifully smooth system or any other declaration. i didn't mention 'sportier' or 'faster', but thanks for saying that i mentioned 'louder is sportier and faster'. <shaking head> i am glad to hear you have an 'intensive care unit' upgrade and other 'stuff', though. color me impressed. maybe next time you can make your own statement and not attack a product that you have ZERO firsthand experience with. we're all porsche car guys and yet people still want to argue about the dumbest ****. :cheers: