Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Sealants Klasse vs Rejex vs Alternative

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

I have used zaino and went back to Blackfire Wet Diamond. Easier to use, better results. Also Klasse AIO is a cleaner and a very good one. It wont remove scratches or swirl marks you will need a polish for that. I use Menzerna polishes (Made in Germany)
Old 02-18-2013, 10:26 AM
kmac33
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Klasse is still a great choice - I've been using it for 20+ years. Over the last couple of years have also become a big fan of Werkstat products. http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/
I use the Werkstat products exclusively on my Fiat Spider - perfect show prep products - the finish always looks amazing.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 AM
bcgreen
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Optimum opt-seal
Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 AM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No reason not to use both a sealant and then a wax, particularly if you're in a moderate climate.

It's fine to use Zaino and then you're favorite carnnuba over that to get optimum shine.

Someone mentioned too many steps with Zaino?? You put it on just like any other wax, and remove it like any other wax. Perhaps they're mistaking it for Rejex, which has a 24 hr. cure time. Zaino has an AIO product that would work super on a gray car.

I don't use waxes here in AZ, as the melting point is too low, and they simply don't last.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:37 AM
dw.metro
Racer

Can any one of these sealant waxes withstand drive through car washes?
Old 02-18-2013, 12:30 PM
PHX 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dw.metro
Can any one of these sealant waxes withstand drive through car washes?
Sacrilege.....

If you're using drive thru car washes, be prepared to wax it every time you do, as it's likely the car wash detergent stripped your last wax job.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:15 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Originally Posted by PHX 911
No reason not to use both a sealant and then a wax, particularly if you're in a moderate climate.

It's fine to use Zaino and then you're favorite carnnuba over that to get optimum shine.

Someone mentioned too many steps with Zaino?? You put it on just like any other wax, and remove it like any other wax. Perhaps they're mistaking it for Rejex, which has a 24 hr. cure time. Zaino has an AIO product that would work super on a gray car.

I don't use waxes here in AZ, as the melting point is too low, and they simply don't last.
Google "zaino steps" and you'll see a lot of webpages that say that zaino requires a lot of different products and steps to do it right. Maybe you don't follow it, but I've seen similar info floating around the internet for at least ten years. It could be that those guys are hardcore zaino users and do all of those steps to get the best look possible. They make it sound like you have to follow the steps to the letter. It just seems like a lot of work if I were to follow what they do on the webpages that I've read about using zaino.

Here's a few links of the steps that people who use zaino say how to apply it properly.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=36297

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...no-manual.html

http://www.the370z.com/detailing-was...wax-zaino.html

http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/96transam/zaino.html

Waiting over a day to do another coat? And adding an accelerator to the product? I can't think of another wax or sealant that requires so many steps or another product mixed in with it to make it work better. It's just confusing to me. I just want to pick the best LSP for my car and conditions and do one or two layers without having to do all of those things listed in those links. Occasionally I will clay and polish, but other than that, adding a LSP shouldn't have to be so confusing.

Last edited by hakaida702; 02-18-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:57 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hakaida702
I'd recommend this as well. Autogeek has most of the best products for your car. Dodo Juice, chemical guys, and a few others are great companies. The only one that they don't carry that I now use exclusively is swissvax waxes. But for most people it's probably overkill. And autogeek has a great message board. A lot of people there are professional detailers. A lot of recommendations you will see from people on that site are usually not the stuff that people here recommend.

But why are you asking about sealants and excluding waxes? Do you need outdoor protection or don't like to apply wax/sealants often? If you really are only driving it a few times a week and is garaged when it's not out on the road then I'd get a really good wax. A good wax will have more gloss and last about 2 months or more depending on what you get.

On a daily driver that is outdoors a lot and uncovered such as a parking lot at work, sealants or extra durable waxes make sense or for those that want to apply a LSP every 3 months or more and not have to do it every other month. For those people that I just described, I would recommend swissvax shield. Swissvax quality and shine, but more durable. I used to think that spending over 100 bucks on a product wasn't going to be that much better until I tried swissvax products. Now I don't mind spending the extra money to get what I consider to be the best waxes made. There are youtube vids and reviews with pics showing how unbelievably great swissvax waxes are. It's not for everyone, but now I can't wax my cars with anything less. I now only use swissvax concourso or glacier and I'm thinking about getting the porsche specific wax zuffenhausen that they make.

Without going too overboard I think you should check out pinnacle souveran, wolfgang fuzion, chemical guys 5050 v2, or one of the many dodo juice waxes. You say you want the best finish and you won't get that from most sealants. Zaino has too many steps and it doesn't sound like you want to do all of that. Most products are apply and wait 20 minutes or less then wipe off. Then add a second coat if you want.

Go to detailing bliss or autogeek and ask this same question. I doubt anyone is going to recommend zaino or klasse.
Waiting over a day to do another coat? *And adding an accelerator to the product? *I can't think of another wax or sealant that requires so many steps or another product mixed in with it to make it work better. *It's just confusing to me. *I just want to pick the best LSP for my car and conditions and do one or two layers without having to do all of those things listed in those links. *Occasionally I will clay and polish, but other than that, adding a LSP shouldn't have to be so confusing.

100% +1

Zaino is just too many steps for me compared to what fewer steps with different products yields.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 PM
KLS
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I've gone through the whole Zaino procedure and used their products long enough to have put the Zaino boys through college. I now use Meguires NXT and I can't tell the difference. NXT goes on easy, comes off easy and doesn't stain the plastic trim. I may try Klasse based on some of the reviews here.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:35 PM
PHX 911
Rennlist Member

Google "zaino steps" and you'll see a lot of webpages that say that zaino requires a lot of different products and steps to do it right. Maybe you don't follow it, but I've seen similar info floating around the internet for at least ten years. It could be that those guys are hardcore zaino users and do all of those steps to get the best look possible. They make it sound like you have to follow the steps to the letter. It just seems like a lot of work if I were to follow what they do on the webpages that I've read about using zaino.

Here's a few links of the steps that people who use zaino say how to apply it properly.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=36297

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...no-manual.html

http://www.the370z.com/detailing-was...wax-zaino.html

http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/96transam/zaino.html

Waiting over a day to do another coat? And adding an accelerator to the product? I can't think of another wax or sealant that requires so many steps or another product mixed in with it to make it work better. It's just confusing to me. I just want to pick the best LSP for my car and conditions and do one or two layers without having to do all of those things listed in those links. Occasionally I will clay and polish, but other than that, adding a LSP shouldn't have to be so confusing.
Debating waxes is similar to debating which oil to use.
to each their own, and it's likely they're all fine.

If you're using wax in Vegas, you're not getting the full longevity, as the flash point is too low for desert conditions.

Back to Zaino, the accelerator is 10 drops added to 2 oz. of sealant. Shake, wait 10 minutes, shake again, then apply. I don't find that process of "steps" overly complex, and it is optional, as all it's doing is speeding up cure time.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 PM
zirrah
Drifting

If you're using wax in Vegas, you're not getting the full longevity, as the flash point is too low for desert conditions.

Back to Zaino, the accelerator is 10 drops added to 2 oz. of sealant. Shake, wait 10 minutes, shake again, then apply. I don't find that process of "steps" overly complex, and it is optional, as all it's doing is speeding up cure time.

Truth. Because all products mentioned in this thread will get you great results. No question about that.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:47 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I still use Liquid Glass ... one of the best protective coatings available.
I recently spilled brake fluid on the paint and found no damage after washing the car

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Glass-L.../dp/B0002JMIEK
Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Originally Posted by FlatSix911
I still use Liquid Glass ... one of the best protective coatings available.
I recently spilled brake fluid on the paint and found no damage after washing the car

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Glass-L.../dp/B0002JMIEK
It works great, gives great results. You know what else really does? Duragloss. Dirt cheap, amazing results.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by zirrah
Truth. Because all products mentioned in this thread will get you great results. No question about that.
There is definite truth to the above statements.

Having said that, the one thing that I and I believe most others have observed is that sealants such as Zaino, Klasse etc reflect light better and are extremely shiny. Carnauba's provide high gloss but do not reflect light in the same way thus when you look at a metallic the flakes stand out and there is increased depth.

So if you really don't need the protection I personally would lean towards a high end carnauba. If you do need the protection then a sealant is the better choice. A car that doesn't see frequent use or bad weather doesn't really need a sealant unless you're only applying it once or twice a year.

Since others have thrown in their recommendations I'll throw mine in. I personally like Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:51 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by KLS
I've gone through the whole Zaino procedure and used their products long enough to have put the Zaino boys through college. I now use Meguires NXT and I can't tell the difference. NXT goes on easy, comes off easy and doesn't stain the plastic trim. I may try Klasse based on some of the reviews here.
I've been using Meguires NXT as well with good results. Just wondering what others with Guards Red are using as well.

Quick Reply: Best Sealants Klasse vs Rejex vs Alternative