Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Mode

Old 12-15-2012, 12:10 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by 82_930
I noticed this, but do most also get PSE along with the Sport Chrono package?
I just bought a 997.2 after a long search and rarely saw cars with PSE so I'd guess that it's installed on perhaps 5%. It is not a cheap option at $2,810 for model year 2009. dave
Old 12-15-2012, 12:45 PM
DoninDen
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by vg247
Thanks everyone for chiming in...

I've been deciding on what order of mods I should proceed with next:
Sport Mode addition or IPD Plenum on my 09 PDK Carrera. (these will be my final mods to the car)

-Would anyone with experience getting it installed know if the Sports Mode part for PDK comes with both Sport and Sport Plus buttons as pictured on Suncoast?

((Not to go off topic but also wanted to share since many of you have contributed much to my knowledge for my car--> since purchase I have had the fister mod done with Sharkwerks Bypass and Techart springs installed...Thanks again! --Love them all!!))
You can get the same and possibly better result with a ECU flash and install the plenum. Next year add full exhaust with headers and 200 cell cats.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:23 PM
GEO356
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

congrats Geo- I'm going for this mod next.. what did the dealer charge for the install? Any particular suggestions (things to be on the look out for) when I bring mine in to get this done, or is this plug and play by dealer?
My dealer charged $412 for the install

I ordered the part from Suncoast and when the switch panel arrived I noticed it also had a switch for PASM which my car does not have but I didn't give it much thought. My dealer called me before they started the install and informed me that Suncoast should have sent me a panel without the PASM switch so there would be a non functional switch. I didn't want to hassle with trying to get Suncoast to swap it out, the dash already has several null switches for navigation which I don't have so I told them to install it. I did call Suncoast before I ordered and they ran my VIN and told me they would send the correct panel. At this point I don't know who is confused, Suncoast or my dealer but for me no big deal.

I can tell you it is like a completely different car.

Last edited by GEO356; 12-15-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:15 AM
82_930
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
I just bought a 997.2 after a long search and rarely saw cars with PSE so I'd guess that it's installed on perhaps 5%. It is not a cheap option at $2,810 for model year 2009. dave
That's what my searches have found... the price difference between my '06 C4 with Sport Chrono and PASM and an '06 C4S is about 5k

If I were to sell my car and buy a C4S I would be looking at $5k extra plus the additional cost for sales tax (roughly $3k) and the added insurance costs.

Suncoast sells the PSE new for $3100 + figure about $800 for the install, so let's call it $4k out the door.

I would be also looking at the same PSE expense if I were to go the C4S route.

So, the question is, is $8k worth it to upgrade to a C4S? I would also have to consider that the C4S also comes with 19" wheels as opposed to the 18" that comes on the C4, which also adds value.

Are there any other differences between the C4 and C4S other than the engine and wheels?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:15 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by GEO356
My dealer charged $412 for the install

I ordered the part from Suncoast and when the switch panel arrived I noticed it also had a switch for PASM which my car does not have but I didn't give it much thought. My dealer called me before they started the install and informed me that Suncoast should have sent me a panel without the PASM switch so there would be a non functional switch. I didn't want to hassle with trying to get Suncoast to swap it out, the dash already has several null switches for navigation which I don't have so I told them to install it. I did call Suncoast before I ordered and they ran my VIN and told me they would send the correct panel. At this point I don't know who is confused, Suncoast or my dealer but for me no big deal.

I can tell you it is like a completely different car.
Great info to know, thank you for the feedback from your experience..
Old 12-16-2012, 03:40 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

That's what my searches have found... the price difference between my '06 C4 with Sport Chrono and PASM and an '06 C4S is about 5k

If I were to sell my car and buy a C4S I would be looking at $5k extra plus the additional cost for sales tax (roughly $3k) and the added insurance costs.

Suncoast sells the PSE new for $3100 + figure about $800 for the install, so let's call it $4k out the door.

I would be also looking at the same PSE expense if I were to go the C4S route.

So, the question is, is $8k worth it to upgrade to a C4S? I would also have to consider that the C4S also comes with 19" wheels as opposed to the 18" that comes on the C4, which also adds value.

Are there any other differences between the C4 and C4S other than the engine and wheels?
Larger red brakes... the S will move quicker when you want to sell it at a later date.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:53 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
Larger red brakes... the S will move quicker when you want to sell it at a later date.
PASM including 10mm lowering was standard and PASM Sports Suspension was a no cost option on the 4S vs $1,990 on the base. This info from the 2009 order guide. Option includes ride height lowered by 20 mm. Stiffer springs, shock absorbers and anti-roll bars.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 PM
GEO356
Advanced

Great info to know, thank you for the feedback from your experience..
Be sure to fill us in with your experience.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:10 AM
vg247
Pro

Thanks! -looking to do this sometime during the next few months..stay tuned

(going to have to find a dealer here in the bay area familiar with this install first though..the one I went to today for my battery install didn't seem very knowledgeable about it and did not like the fact that I told them I was getting one ordered from Suncoast to bring to them for the install..I'm sure they rather sell and install the part at premium,etc...)

Last edited by vg247; 12-29-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:13 AM
82_930
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the ECU flash apply to cars that already have the "sport" mode button?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:19 PM
vg247
Pro

Hoping someone with experience getting this done at a local Northern CA dealer can chime in..I've been waiting to get it done and all the P dealers nearby sounded clueless. I would like to find one that has done this before where I'd be comfortable taking my car to.

Some over at 6 speed living in ATL got theirs installed with parts on their PDK for 1400 out there door, that is a bargain!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 PM
GEO356
Advanced

Hoping someone with experience getting this done at a local Northern CA dealer can chime in..I've been waiting to get it done and all the P dealers nearby sounded clueless. I would like to find one that has done this before where I'd be comfortable taking my car to.

Some over at 6 speed living in ATL got theirs installed with parts on their PDK for 1400 out there door, that is a bargain!
Yes, when I first talked to my dealer I got the feeling they were confused and clueless so I returned with a printout from Suncoast and left it with them. They called me a few days later and informed me that they had intalled this option many times and would do so for me, I ordered the parts from Suncoast and had them install it.

I think they would have liked to sell me the kit but could not come close to what I paid for it.

I am so glad I had this done and am sure you will to. Keep us posted!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:08 PM
GEO356
Advanced

Does the ECU flash apply to cars that already have the "sport" mode button?
Don't know
Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 PM
vg247
Pro

Yes, when I first talked to my dealer I got the feeling they were confused and clueless so I returned with a printout from Suncoast and left it with them. They called me a few days later and informed me that they had intalled this option many times and would do so for me, I ordered the parts from Suncoast and had them install it.

I think they would have liked to sell me the kit but could not come close to what I paid for it.

I am so glad I had this done and am sure you will to. Keep us posted!
Appreciate it, planning the same and come into the dealer to give them the Suncoast part printout.

If all else fails,going to ask for your dealer contact and head down there to getting done.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:14 PM
GEO356
Advanced

Appreciate it, planning the same and come into the dealer to give them the Suncoast part printout.

If all else fails,going to ask for your dealer contact and head down there to getting done.
Spotted your pm today and tried but could not respond, got an error message informing me that you can not recieve pm's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sport Mode